Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   $109 - Stating your hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=407744)

Vuron00 12-30-2005 01:28 PM

$109 - Stating your hand

Bizarre situation last night. I was already on tilt from having my worst night in years and getting sucked out in every tournament, so I wasn't playing my best.

Sorry, at work and no HH.

First level, 10 left.

UTG limps, MP limps, I complete in SB with AdJc, BB checks.

Flop Jd 8d 2c

check, check, UTG bets pot of 60, fold.

I check-raise to 200, BB folds.

Then, UTG thinks for a while and types "well, I have about 20 outs, so" and then pushes. UTG had me slightly covered (1100-1050).

Now, UTG is telling me that he has Td9d. What the heck do I do in this situation?

downtown 12-30-2005 01:41 PM

Re: $109 - Stating your hand

In all honestly, I would turn off my chat if I felt that what someone typed would make me do something that I wouldn't do otherwise.

If this player hadn't typed anything at all the whole tourney, I would probably fear a set, but play it how I would have anyway.

GutPunch 12-30-2005 02:14 PM

how much do you have left? I would not have checkraised so much in a limped pot during level 1. Pot odds may swing my decision but I think I would fold here, fearing a set. Even if he has exactly 9dTd I think I still fold, as the hand is virtually a coinflip (your a slight dog).

12-30-2005 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bizarre situation last night. I was already on tilt from having my worst night in years and getting sucked out in every tournament, so I wasn't playing my best.

First level, 10 left.

Flop Jd 8d 2c

Then, UTG thinks for a while and types "well, I have about 20 outs, so" and then pushes. UTG had me slightly covered (1100-1050).

Now, UTG is telling me that he has Td9d. What the heck do I do in this situation?

[/ QUOTE ]

be a smart man and turn of chat. and i believe i played tons with you lately.

Vuron00 12-30-2005 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

First level, 10 left.

Flop Jd 8d 2c

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have my chat off on my desktop. I was playing last night on my laptop and only had 2 tables up towards the end, so left the chat on. I'll need to do this.

And, yes, we've played a lot lately and I remember a suckout from last night that made me want to beat you senseless. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

12-30-2005 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

First level, 10 left.

Flop Jd 8d 2c

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have my chat off on my desktop. I was playing last night on my laptop and only had 2 tables up towards the end, so left the chat on. I'll need to do this.

And, yes, we've played a lot lately and I remember a suckout from last night that made me want to beat you senseless. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

did i have 27o or was it 34o?

Vuron00 12-30-2005 03:19 PM

58o... lol

12-30-2005 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
58o... lol

[/ QUOTE ]

o... the better half.