Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   The OOT Challenge (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=407695)

gorie 12-30-2005 08:18 PM

Re: The OOT Challenge

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I could work it out with Astro where I took charge that day and just ban you for posting. Would that work?

[/ QUOTE ]
i didn't mean i would intentionally post on the day you guys decide to be weird. just that it is stupid. why do you always have to be such a jerk ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably the same reason you have to edit your posts but never mark them as edited. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

And the same reason I need to use these [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] dam things all the time. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
so, what is the reason ?
i mean i figure the reason [censored] is a jerk to me is because he hates me. i'm just not sure why since i am so awesome. but i doubt that is the reason i edit my posts a lot or the reason you use emoticons. well, maybe !

theBruiser500 12-30-2005 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i voted no because i think it's a stupid idea, i don't get it. i'm sure all of us can go a day without posting, sychronizing it is a different story.
i think i need a better reason than "just because" to do something silly to please bruiser. i mean, his brother is racist!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Gorie no one expects you to understand it, you're a girl. Leave it to the smarter men on OOT to decide these matters and then follow orders.

gorie 12-30-2005 08:28 PM

yes, i guess i will have to do that.

imported_anacardo 12-30-2005 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i voted no because i think it's a stupid idea, i don't get it. i'm sure all of us can go a day without posting, sychronizing it is a different story.
i think i need a better reason than "just because" to do something silly to please bruiser. i mean, his brother is racist!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Gorie no one expects you to understand it, you're a girl. Leave it to the smarter men on OOT to decide these matters and then follow orders.

[/ QUOTE ]

Diablo had such high hopes [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

imported_anacardo 12-30-2005 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I could work it out with Astro where I took charge that day and just ban you for posting. Would that work?

[/ QUOTE ]
i didn't mean i would intentionally post on the day you guys decide to be weird. just that it is stupid. why do you always have to be such a jerk ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably the same reason you have to edit your posts but never mark them as edited. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

And the same reason I need to use these [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] dam things all the time. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
so, what is the reason ?
i mean i figure the reason [censored] is a jerk to me is because he hates me. i'm just not sure why since i am so awesome. but i doubt that is the reason i edit my posts a lot or the reason you use emoticons. well, maybe !

[/ QUOTE ]

There are many among us who love all which is wicked, and escheweth all which is good. Cast not your pearls before swine, Gorie. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Alobar 12-30-2005 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

best bruiser post ever

imported_anacardo 12-30-2005 08:37 PM

Nigga, please. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Stuey 12-30-2005 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
so, what is the reason ?

[/ QUOTE ]

You missunderstand me.

He does it because he does it to everyone if he is mean to you he is treating you as an equal it is a compliment coming from him.

You edit posts because that is what you do you can't help it and it is cute keep it up.

I use these [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] stupid things because I'm trying to be [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] and impress people or I'm gay not sure yet. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

gorie 12-30-2005 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
so, what is the reason ?

[/ QUOTE ]

You missunderstand me.

He does it because he does it to everyone if he is mean to you he is treating you as an equal it is a compliment coming from him.

You edit posts because that is what you do you can't help it and it is cute keep it up.

I use these [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] stupid things because I'm trying to be [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] and impress people or I'm gay not sure yet. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
ok i understand what you were trying to say now (i am a girl, you'll have to forgive my stupidity), makes sense.! although i don't really agree with it. i'm pretty sure it's just because he hates me.

imported_anacardo 12-30-2005 08:57 PM

You're right, you know; there are counterexamples. Don't hate, [censored.] Relate.

Stuey 12-30-2005 08:58 PM

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19...rd/silence.gif

Back to the important part. Did you like my avatar? You have the best sense of humor around here if you ask me so be honest k.

There I didn't use one this post but I needed to put an avatar in it to make up for it.

Jack of Arcades 12-30-2005 08:58 PM

I'm down. I still have the sports forum.

gorie 12-30-2005 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19...rd/silence.gif

Back to the important part. Did you like my avatar? You have the best sense of humor around here if you ask me so be honest k.

There I didn't use one this post but I needed to put an avatar in it to make up for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

it would probably be in your best interest to ask one of the smart men instead of me.
<font color="white"> i like it </font>

CCass 12-30-2005 09:40 PM

I am in like Flynn.

B Dids 12-30-2005 10:04 PM

I'll do it, but remain skeptical that it would work.

Sponger15SB 12-30-2005 10:05 PM

Why don't you just close down OOT for a day through the forum software somehow? Or, uh, forever.

That would be sweet.

Clarkmeister 12-30-2005 10:11 PM

Maybe we should all ride our bikes instead of driving our cars one day too. That would rock!

12-31-2005 12:46 AM

I've been thinking about this, and I think we should do it. But don't make any threads about it. Just let this thread die, and PM all the regular OOTiots to decide on a day. When the day comes, all the noobs will be like "OMG everybody in OOT died!" Then if they talk about it in another forum just say "OOT? What's that?"

lastchance 12-31-2005 02:43 AM

This is too effing awesome not to try to do.

pokerdirty 12-31-2005 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you make it an IP ban...

ZeeJustin 12-31-2005 03:35 AM

I'll give you 5-1 that you can't get a 24 hour period w/ 10 or fewer posts on OOT, and I'll put a large amount of money on that.

Obviously server downtimes and moderator interfercence would not be allowed.

pokerdirty 12-31-2005 03:38 AM

I'm sort of surprised with the moderaters going along with this, especially with how anal they are about the advertisers. If everyone knows that OOT (the forum with the almost double (or more) the traffic of every other catagory on the site) is going to be off, people might decide to not even sign on that day, or something, I'm sure you get what I'm trying to get at.

MonkeeMan 12-31-2005 04:00 AM

what exactly have the moderators gone along with? nothing has happened besides chat. and a very PC chat at that.

pokerdirty 12-31-2005 04:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what exactly have the moderators gone along with? nothing has happened besides chat. and a very PC chat at that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering the first response to this thread is from [censored], both [censored] and astro have posted in favor of this, and the post is 100+ posts long, I sorta think that clues that they are going along with it.

I said I would do it. I don't have a problem, it will probably be fun to [censored] with the person who doesn't see the sticky and gets banned. I said I was surprised that the mods are going along with it though.

MonkeeMan 12-31-2005 04:16 AM

I doubt there would be any banning for routine posting.

gorie 12-31-2005 04:20 AM

i believe banning was already threatened. although i think that may just be for me because i am special.

fluxrad 12-31-2005 04:25 AM

edited because gorie is a douche

gorie 12-31-2005 04:32 AM

i'm just going to assume this idea was only posted to giggle about it in secret. like, you know it's lame, but it's funny to get other people who aren't in on the joke to start thinking it's a cool idea, even though it's not.

fluxrad 12-31-2005 04:35 AM

no. i'm just really hammered right now. i suppose i should edit that post back, neh?

Sponger15SB 12-31-2005 04:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll give you 5-1 that you can't get a 24 hour period w/ 10 or fewer posts on OOT, and I'll put a large amount of money on that.

Obviously server downtimes and moderator interfercence would not be allowed.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? That is the worst offered bet in the history of bets. You'd have to give him more like 25,000,000-1 for it to almost be worth it. I could make you win that bet within the first minute of the day. Hell I could open 10 pages of 2+2 and hit send right after 12:00:01

gorie 12-31-2005 04:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
no. i'm just really hammered right now. i suppose i should edit that post back, neh?

[/ QUOTE ]

that wasn't even directed at you i just used quick reply. i'm not sure why you felt the need to remove your post though.

theBruiser500 12-31-2005 05:23 AM

This might work if we got Ray Zee to ask everyone to not post.

Stuey 12-31-2005 05:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This might work if we got Ray Zee to ask everyone to not post.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a dreamer now you think you can control Ray Zee! Perhaps he might choose to do it though.

KKbluff 12-31-2005 05:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Virtually impossible.

[/ QUOTE ]

TheMainEvent 12-31-2005 05:30 AM

If you guys believe this might actually work, I'm kind of embarrased for you. But it's worth a try to see how close we can get, and who screws it up.

12-31-2005 05:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you guys believe this might actually work, I'm kind of embarrased for you. But it's worth a try to see how close we can get, and who screws it up.

[/ QUOTE ]
Whoever screws it up should get **

theBruiser500 12-31-2005 05:48 AM

If any of you want to do it you can go ahead and organize it, I won't do it with only 70% vote but you can feel free to.

Stuey 12-31-2005 06:40 AM

What if we did it this way?

Make a thread and people post stating which side they are on. Side one is the group that wants no posts in oot for 24 hours. Side two is the group that thinks it is a stupid idea and that it could never work.

Anyone that does not post in the thread picking a side does not count in the challenge. Then the good part the rewards.

If someone from group 2 posts they are IP banned and everyone in their group is banned from oot.

If someone from group 1 posts they are NOT banned and everyone from their group is banned from oot.

If after 24 hours neither group has made posts then group 1 is banned from oot.

All participants have the option to chicken out after teams are final but only before the 24-hour challenge has started if they see a person on their team they don't trust has joined after they did.

You know keep it simple.

Mexican Standoff!

Lazymeatball 12-31-2005 08:32 AM

bruiser has still not explained the signifigance of this challenge, because basically there is none. It is impossible, and if it were to be achieved it would have the same importance as one thousand people hitting themselves in the head with a hammer for no reason.

MonkeeMan 12-31-2005 03:07 PM

How about this idea.

On the designated day everybody makes their own decision and either posts or doesn't post. Then the mods can do an analysis of post quality for that day and write up a report and post it on a day when everybody is posting (except for those people who don't post that day). If the report shows that the post quality for the day of some people not posting is of high enough quality then everybody who did post that day is given a '+' in their title, and anybody who didn't post for whatever reason is put on ignore by whoever wants to ignore them. If, however, the post quality is reported to be low by mod standards, then everybody who did post is ignored by everyone but their peers, and people who didn't post for whatever reason are given a '+' in their title, unless they have '**', which would screw eveything up.

That would rule.