Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   What's the dumbest bet you've ever made? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=403052)

bruin 12-21-2005 08:31 PM

What\'s the dumbest bet you\'ve ever made?

Like the title says, what is the stupidest thing you have ever bet on?

Mine, was betting on my friend's SAT Math score. The over/under was 670 and the bastard got a 690. Yours?

Sponger15SB 12-21-2005 08:33 PM

Re: What\'s the dumbest bet you\'ve ever made?

Me and my friend bet on every heat of a pro surfing contest. Each of us chose 2 of the 4 surfers and then added up their heat scores.

banditbdl 12-21-2005 08:34 PM

I won $5 dollars from my brother the other night betting on the outcome of that night's episode of The OC. That was pretty silly.

mason55 12-21-2005 08:35 PM

Playing spades with asofel as my partner.

Me: "$20 says you'll pick up the next 4 tricks"
asofel: "Dude, I can see my cards, there's no way I can do that"
Me: "Sure you can. Take the bet"
asofel: "Uhh... ok"

Loses next trick.

12-21-2005 08:39 PM

When Bill Goldberg was on his undefeated streak, a friend bet me that Diamond Dallas Page would beat him. Free money is good.

12-21-2005 08:43 PM

A buddy of mine and his GF had been on and off for about 3 months now. They would break up and get back together regularly. This led to me putting and over/under on how long they would stay together this time around. It really got of hand and I had to buy a blackboard to keep track of the bets. On about the 5th time of this the under was coming in to much so I made the over/under on the 6th and final time a mere 12 hours. Needless to say all the money came in on the over, so I [censored] his GF and told him about 8 hours later so he broke up with her and I made a killing. He then found out about the bet and was pissed up until I bought an eight to smoke with him. She was a whore anyways.

hyde 12-21-2005 08:46 PM

I almost bet skipper bob that I was going to finish
exactly 4th tonight in trout.
I am really good at 4th.
but I wanted odds......
would have been dumb.

I once bet my son(13) $20 Canadian, (we were in Montreal),he couldn't eat a mouthful of blue cheese. We were at some sort of welcoming/happy hour hotel thing.
the resulting vomit made it pretty dumb....

Sponger15SB 12-21-2005 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A buddy of mine and his GF had been on and off for about 3 months now. They would break up and get back together regularly. This led to me putting and over/under on how long they would stay together this time around.

[/ QUOTE ]

pfft, standard. My friend is terrible at betting on himself not hooking up with his exgirlfriend.

Yeti 12-21-2005 08:50 PM

No comment.

FoxwoodsFiend 12-21-2005 08:55 PM

Coin-flipping, whether I can phase my hand through a wall (I said yes getting 10000:1), the WNBA All-STar Game(East), the Pro Bowl(AFC), timeframe for a cure for AIDS(I give 10:1 and get the over on 10 years), the definition of temerity (I got it right). Whichever of these you thing is stupidest is the stupidest bet I've made (that I can think of anyway).