Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Wrong Number - what's my play? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=351007)

10-05-2005 01:46 PM

Wrong Number - what\'s my play?

My phone number is one digit off from Pablo's phone number. I routinely get calls meant for Pablo. I've stored the numbers of the two most frequent culprits, in case I feel like being an ass one day. I also know Pablo's number, due to a large number of typical "wrong number" conversations. Ideally, Pablo will change his number.

What's my play?

jakethebake 10-05-2005 01:49 PM

Re: Wrong Number - what\'s my play?

[ QUOTE ]
My phone number is one digit off from Pablo's phone number. I routinely get calls meant for Pablo. I've stored the numbers of the two most frequent culprits, in case I feel like being an ass one day. I also know Pablo's number, due to a large number of typical "wrong number" conversations. Ideally, Pablo will change his number.

What's my play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Use your caller ID and screw with them every time they call for Pablo until they stop.

dtbog 10-05-2005 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've stored the numbers of the two most frequent culprits, in case I feel like being an ass one day.

[/ QUOTE ]

How frequently can someone call the wrong phone number?

These must be real geniuses... once is very understandable, and twice is just forgetful, but more than three times?

Do they not write down his real number when they get in touch with him?

10-05-2005 01:50 PM

The difference is between a 7 and a 4. Pablo's friends must have fat fingers.

"screw with them every time " .... suggestions please

2planka 10-05-2005 01:54 PM

"Hello, INS...."

steelcmg 10-05-2005 01:57 PM

Tell them Pablo has died.

NutCrackerr 10-05-2005 02:12 PM

My home phone number is 1 digit off from one of the local bakery's. I get calls for them all the time. I got tired of telling people they got the wrong number, so now when they ask "Is the the Bakery?", I reply "Yes it is, how may I help you?" and then take their order.

steelcmg 10-05-2005 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My home phone number is 1 digit off from one of the local bakery's. I get calls for them all the time. I got tired of telling people they got the wrong number, so now when they ask "Is the the Bakery?", I reply "Yes it is, how may I help you?" and then take their order.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHA i bet u get some people really pist off when they goto the bakery and they dont get there goods

TheCroShow 10-05-2005 02:18 PM

"pablo got deported, goodbye"

oddjob 10-05-2005 02:20 PM

one of my phone numbers in college was 1 off from a tanning salon. i booked many appointments for stupid girls wanting to destroy their skin.