Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   opinion time -- how weak will you call (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=397270)

Bukem_ 12-13-2005 01:58 AM

Re: opinion time -- how weak will you call

If you think he is fos, call with ace high...

soah 12-13-2005 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
heros reasons for not c-betting could be anything, mostly because he is OOP, he doesnt want the pot to snowball out of control, and because villain has a tendency to bluff at weakness

[/ QUOTE ]

These reasons only make sense if you have a reasonable hand which you want to showdown. Therefore this poll is rather pointless. The decision was made on the flop, not the river.

yvesaint 12-13-2005 02:11 AM

alright, i called w/77 and got a lot of flak for it at the table, and from someone who was watching me. he showed 98o. is this considered something i want to go to showdown with? maybe the flop was the key point, is bet still preferable over check there?

Bukem_ 12-13-2005 02:30 AM

I either bet the flop, or just check it down all the way.

As played calling with 77 vs this guy seems pretty reasonable.

Right or wrong, I have no problem with these calls, I think they make you a lot better.

pokerjoker 12-13-2005 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
alright, i called w/77 and got a lot of flak for it at the table, and from someone who was watching me. he showed 98o. is this considered something i want to go to showdown with? maybe the flop was the key point, is bet still preferable over check there?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am interested to see what MSNL says about this, but sometimes when I have a weak hand on a drawing board but I still feel I am ahead on the flop, I overbet the pot a bit...maybe 120%. This makes it very easy to get villian to define his hand early. Any flush draw will fold and most people won't have the balls to bluff me. It saves money since I don't have to mess around later at a higher price to see if I'm ahead. If I get caught it gives more weight when I overbet my nuts.
thoughts?

-Skeme- 12-13-2005 02:44 AM

this is the gayest thread ever

pokerjoker 12-13-2005 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that mean it is attracted to other MSNL threads?

Ah well...at least you saved it.

Lucky 12-13-2005 03:36 AM

AJ

kipin 12-13-2005 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that mean it is attracted to other MSNL threads?

Ah well...at least you saved it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like I'm not missing out on much having -Skeme- on ignore.

-Skeme- 12-13-2005 03:26 PM

Well, you do get to alert others about how you have me on ignore, so that's pretty sweet, right?