Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Pocket 7's how was this played? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=371810)

11-04-2005 01:39 PM

Pocket 7\'s how was this played?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

CO is tight/passive 19.6/1.9

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Hero raises, 3 folds, CO 3-bets, Button calls, 2 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 players)
Hero bets, CO raises, Button folds, Hero 3-bets, CO caps, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero bets, CO raises, Hero 3-bets, CO caps, Hero calls.

River: (17.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero bets, CO raises, Hero 3-bets, CO calls.

Final Pot: 23.25 BB

Whats your guy's thoughts?
By the way this is only my second hand post so I hope everything looks ok...

aargh57 11-04-2005 01:46 PM

Re: Pocket 7\'s how was this played?

I think that the turn bet is fine but when you get reraised I'm starting to call down. Depending on how many hands CO has 1.9%pf raise is pretty low. If you have 50 or so hands on him I'd be thinking a higher set by now.

The hand post is fine.

Sightless 11-04-2005 01:47 PM

Given that he is a passive player, and that he 3bet preflop, I think I slow down on the river, and either check call, or bet/call.

Also I havent played full ring in a while, but I think limping with 77 UTG is a good option.

EDIT: crap his preflop raise is 1.9?

I slow down on the turn

gharp 11-04-2005 01:48 PM

Check-raise that flop.

[ QUOTE ]
CO is tight/passive 19.6/1.9

[/ QUOTE ]
Usually the second number listed is his preflop raise % -- is that the case here or is this his post-flop aggression factor? I think I see myself calling down after the turn raise. If that really is his preflop raise %, you might want to slow down even sooner.

11-04-2005 01:54 PM

That is his preflop raise percent and I had about 51 hands on him

aargh57 11-04-2005 01:55 PM

I think you're right about check/raising the flop but I can't see slowing down sooner without a really good read. If we check/raise and he reraises I still think that he could have AK or AQ here or K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. If he had a crap load of hands on this guy and it was 1/9% pfr than I could see slowing down on the flop.

gharp 11-04-2005 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you're right about check/raising the flop but I can't see slowing down sooner without a really good read. If we check/raise and he reraises I still think that he could have AK or AQ here or K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. If he had a crap load of hands on this guy and it was 1/9% pfr than I could see slowing down on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I agree, and 51 hands does not a crapload make. If we had a few hundred more hands, I'd be more convinced that his 3-bet means AA/QQ. But in this situation, I wouldn't slow down until he raised the turn.

MrWookie47 11-04-2005 02:07 PM

Gharp is right on. Against this villain, this hand was grossly overplayed.

Pyromaniac 11-04-2005 02:08 PM

*grunch*

hmm. flop aggression suggests that CO isn't on the flush draw. (nor the straight draw, neither)

continues jamming through the turn.

river is a scare card completing both the flush and the straight, and that's probably why the CO pauses and just calls the 3-bet rather than making it 4.

Set over set? CO has QQ or AA and saves you a bet by flinching at the last minute. Only other possibility is that CO has AQs and was betting hard to protect a vulnerable flopped two pair.

(edit: typo)

McGahee 11-04-2005 03:13 PM

check/call river.