Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   turn play (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=400908)

jt1 12-18-2005 06:49 PM

turn play

Villian is unknown at the time

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB

Peter Harris 12-18-2005 06:55 PM

Re: ?

man that's a looser PFR than i do. K7 yeah, but K3? knock the table bro.

turn fine. looks like 2 pair may have got there. I would prolly call down here too.

RandBriscoe 12-18-2005 06:55 PM

Re: turn play

I call-down from the turn donk. Against your average player, it's two pair/straight etc...

RandBriscoe 12-18-2005 07:01 PM

Raising the turn, calling a 3-bet and then calling down is a bit expensive no?

If you raise the turn and he calls, he'll check to you on the river...

If you call the donk, he (usually) bets into you again on the river and you can showdown...

Calling the donk wins you the same amount when ahead, but removes his chance to 3-bet you with a better hand, thus costing you less when behind....

EDIT: This is not true considering he calls your river bet if he just calls your turn raise... Either way, I call down from the donk...

zgall1 12-18-2005 07:13 PM

I really think you can find a fold here. I don't think you are ahead enough of the time to make this a good play. It does seem that SB made his hand on the turn.

imported_leader 12-18-2005 07:55 PM

I'd fold to the turn 3-bet. Your outs suck and you're not good here enough to calldown, IMO. Both the PF and turn raises are questionable, but neither is wrong by a lot if they're wrong at all.

12-18-2005 07:59 PM

I think I would have played it similar to you, I would have just checked pf.

I think though in hindsight that this is probably not the correct play. He could easily have a better king than you do, 2 pair, straight and none of these are healthy.

Folding TP to the donkbet may be far too weak, but probably not hugely incorrect. Villain could be getting sweet with Qx. I think I like calling down the best, but im a fish.

True

Redd 12-18-2005 08:01 PM

What were you trying to accomplish with the pfr jt1?

jt1 12-18-2005 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What were you trying to accomplish with the pfr jt1?

[/ QUOTE ]

One more sb before he folds to my flop bet. And half the time I improve, I'll have a very strong hand.

Disconnected 12-18-2005 08:15 PM

I'd play it the same, and feel bad about calling it down after being 3-bet. But the pot odds are good enough on the turn to either improve or counterfeit villain on the river.

The river is close, IMO. Does an unknown either overplay a pair of jacks or semi-bluff turn/bluff river 10% of the time? I've got trust issues, so I say yeah [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img].