Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   It is HOT! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=319486)

JaBlue 08-20-2005 11:07 PM

Re: It is HOT!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
AC is for pussies, unless you live in AZ, NM, or some other absurdly hot area. Its been 90 here for atleast 3 weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Today was 98 degress with a heat index of 107 degress and 87% humidity. Yuck!!!

Big Steve [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's terrible, Steve. I grew up in Richmond, VA where it was constantly 100 with 100% humidity and heat index of 110 in the summer.

Thankfully the weather is mild in the Bay Area.

08-20-2005 11:09 PM

I have a Window Air conditioner and I'm pretty sure I paid under $150 for it. I could have gotten one for $100, though. What is wrong with you guys ?

mmbt0ne 08-20-2005 11:21 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
AC is for pussies, unless you live in AZ, NM, or some other absurdly hot area. Its been 90 here for atleast 3 weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll trade any SW hot for the SE hot. I was in LV for 4 days of 96 degrees, and it felt like heaven compared to even 85 in GA with 80% humidity.

Talk2BigSteve 08-20-2005 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a Window Air conditioner and I'm pretty sure I paid under $150 for it. I could have gotten one for $100, though. What is wrong with you guys ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Window AC units will not cool a 2000+ Sq Ft house in Mississippi.

08-20-2005 11:24 PM

How big is 2000 sq ft ? I have no idea. Is that a 3 story mansion ? I like in a normal sized one story house and it has 3 window AC units. One of them is a big 10,000 - 20,000 BTU unit, though.

Talk2BigSteve 08-20-2005 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How big is 2000 sq ft ? I have no idea. Is that a 3 story mansion ? I like in a normal sized one story house and it has 3 window AC units. One of them is a big 10,000 - 20,000 BTU unit, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

4 bedroom 2 1/2 bath brick house, with a living room, den, dining room, kitchen, breakfast nook, laundry room, and 2 car garage.

imported_anacardo 08-20-2005 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

4 bedroom 2 1/2 bath brick house, with a living room, den, dining room, kitchen, breakfast nook, laundry room, and 2 car garage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotta say - that dog looks like my kinda badass. Even if "Winston" is slightly overplayed as a bulldog name, it diminisheth not the degree to which he rules.

Blarg 08-21-2005 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Window AC units will not cool a 2000+ Sq Ft house in Mississippi.

[/ QUOTE ]

You only have to cool the rooms you're in, though.

Talk2BigSteve 08-21-2005 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotta say - that dog looks like my kinda badass. Even if "Winston" is slightly overplayed as a bulldog name, it diminisheth not the degree to which he rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I have a confession.....

I use my Bulldog's real name as alot of my passwords for gaming sites and neteller.

His real name is not Winston Churchill. I use that name when ever I refer to my dog.

imported_anacardo 08-21-2005 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I have a confession.....

I use my Bulldog's real name as alot of my passwords for gaming sites and neteller.

His real name is not Winston Churchill. I use that name when ever I refer to my dog.

[/ QUOTE ]

My respect for your dog-naming sensibilities has marginally increased. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]