Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   The next M. Night Shamylamylabadoobi movie (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=384708)

ClaytonN 11-24-2005 07:51 PM

The next M. Night Shamylamylabadoobi movie

Saw a movie trailer on it, it's called "Lady in the Water". Stars Paul Giomatti (sic) as a hotel janitor guy who owns a house near the hotal pool, and one night he sees a mermaid (in the pool). Followed by a voiceover quote of Giamotti saying "How many of you are there?" or something to that extent.

Personally I don't think even an actor of Giamotti's caliber could carry another lame ass Shymalan script, though.

The Truth 11-24-2005 07:54 PM

Re: The next M. Night Shamylamylabadoobi movie

I like his movies, and I don't know why.

blake

Benal 11-24-2005 08:00 PM

He was the director of Signs and The Villiage right? Signs was somewhat watchable...

The Truth 11-24-2005 08:16 PM

6th sense as well.

blake

evil_twin 11-24-2005 08:31 PM

Don't forget Unbreakable. His best film IMO.

Warik 11-24-2005 08:58 PM

I dunno man.

His films are good as long as you don't see them more than once.

tdarko 11-24-2005 09:38 PM

unbreakable was the only film i liked by him and i really liked it, sixth sense was pretty good. i don't have any clue how someone could even somewhat dislike signs or the village there should only be pure hatred for films that are that silly. haha aliens attacking a planet made up damn near only of water yet its their [censored] cryptonite...bahahahaha talk about war of the worlds crap!

phil_ivey_fan 11-24-2005 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
unbreakable was the only film i liked by him and i really liked it, sixth sense was pretty good. i don't have any clue how someone could even somewhat dislike signs or the village there should only be pure hatred for films that are that silly. haha aliens attacking a planet made up damn near only of water yet its their [censored] cryptonite...bahahahaha talk about war of the worlds crap!

[/ QUOTE ]

nevertheless you'll be watching along with the rest of us if nothing more than just from pure curiosity. The guy is a weirdo so I'll admit I'm pretty psych'd to see what its all about... Summer 2006

tdarko 11-24-2005 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nevertheless you'll be watching along with the rest of us if nothing more than just from pure curiosity. The guy is a weirdo so I'll admit I'm pretty psych'd to see what its all about... Summer 2006

[/ QUOTE ]
ummm no. after signs, the village was demoted to blockbuster when i had a free rental from my rewards card (true story). his new one will be rented and the next one will be too until proven otherwise.

TheCroShow 11-25-2005 03:05 AM

i saw the trailer for this movie the other night, i was thinking "hm..weird...paul giamatti...ho hum..boring, wow this looks like [censored]..." then i saw the title, "from m. night shymalan" i was sexually aroused after i saw that, i cannot wait to see this movie.