Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   22 in SB vs Button raise (HH fixed) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=311506)

JackWilson 08-09-2005 04:57 PM

22 in SB vs Button raise (HH fixed)

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

I'm not sure if this is pretty standard or pretty bad. Help is appreciated (trying to get back into poker after a pretty long hiatus and am not very confident of anything right now)

EDIT: Hand converter not working, will repost just now.

EDIT 2: Well, I can't get the hand converter working...any ideas as to why?

EDIT 3: Removing "Texas" helped. Thanks.

meep_42 08-09-2005 05:03 PM

Re: Trying to get back into the right mindset - 22 in SB vs Button rai

Just edit the post with the pf/flop action.

You need to remove "Texas " from the hand history, so i've been told. It's never worked for me, though.

-d

cdxx 08-09-2005 06:56 PM

Re: 22 in SB vs Button raise (HH fixed)

playing tiny pairs out of the SB is notoriously difficult. in limit, i've read suggestions that a call is warranted, with very careful post-flop actions (i.e. do not get carried away). this may not be the most +EV, but i fully understand why playing 22 is difficult so i choose to go by this recommendation.

as for the hand, i would call pre-flop, call the flop, raise and 3-bet the turn.

damaniac 08-09-2005 08:53 PM

You can fold this and be ok, especially at 3/6 because the SB is 1/3 and the rake takes a higher percentage than at higher levels. Nothing wrong with 3-betting though, and given this board, you probably have the best hand on the flop. Also, you turn good.

Still, I prefer a read on the player, knowing he folds too easily postflop or will steal very lightly would make this more worthwhile.

JackWilson 08-10-2005 12:52 AM

I don't generally like calling preflop here because I want to get it headsup. Anyone else with thoughts on this?

Is the general consensus that I would be missing out on very little if I fold it preflop? (Unless I had a read)

EDIT: One last thing - was the bet on the turn correct? I doubt I could have gained much more by checking?

08-10-2005 12:53 AM

Check-fold the turn. Set no good here.

housenuts 08-10-2005 04:36 AM

tommy you make some great laydowns