Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Confused with TT (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=362619)

ZZZ 10-21-2005 05:40 PM

Confused with TT

Party 5/10 6-max

I have T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in SB.

UTG limps, TAG raises, 1 cold call, 1 fold, I 3 bet, BB calls, all call. Everyone but the TAG is pretty loose passive.

5 to the flop.

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I bet and get 2 callers, the TAG and one other folded. I was going to fold to a raise (or peel and check fold the turn).

Turn: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I bet, both call. I was going to fold to a raise.

River: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I check planning on calling one bet, even if I have to overcall.

Did I botch this one? Should I have given up somewhere? Bet the river?

What's going on preflop? I'm pretty sure I win more than my fair share, so there's value in my 3-bet, but is this going to be easier to play if I just call?

ZZZ

blackize 10-21-2005 05:46 PM

Re: Confused with TT

I think I check fold the river. Especially if you have to overcall. The 3 bet preflop is good, but SOMEONE has an ace and you are just betting for them right now.

steaknshake925 10-21-2005 05:51 PM

if you plan to call a river bet you should just bet/fold, no worse hand is gonna bet that river.

if villains are really passive i think its close between bet/folding and check/folding. im not sure which one i like better. but check/call can't be good based on ur description of villains.

kidcolin 10-21-2005 05:55 PM

The flop 3-bet is pretty much a must. You have more plenty of equity (likely the best hand) and it gives you the initiative.

Flop bet is essential.

Turn I'm not sure.

River: Overcalling stinks. Check with the intention of folding if there's a call or calling if there's a fold.

adamstewart 10-21-2005 07:40 PM

The problem I see with check/folding the river is this:

After being checked to, Villain A makes a total bluff, or even a 'value-bet' with a paired 8, or 99, or 77, or 66 ....

Villain B calls with something like a paired 8, or 99, or 77, or 66 ....

Hero folds the best hand, even though he was getting about 14:1 for a call.

Accordingly, I say check/call this river, regardless of an overcall.

Adam

10-21-2005 08:13 PM

Bet the river for value and fold to a raise.

steaknshake925 10-22-2005 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After being checked to, Villain A makes a total bluff, or even a 'value-bet' with a paired 8, or 99, or 77, or 66 ....

[/ QUOTE ]

but if u bet, villains will call with all these hands.

i dont think he will bluff or "value bet" this range often at all, if you check.

we have a very safe fold if raised.

so, if you're gonna put a bet in on the river, i think bet/folding is much better than C/C

adamstewart 10-22-2005 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but if u bet, villains will call with all these hands.

i dont think he will bluff or "value bet" this range often at all, if you check.

we have a very safe fold if raised.

so, if you're gonna put a bet in on the river, i think bet/folding is much better than C/C

[/ QUOTE ]

True.

I just abosolutely folding the river for 1 bet. Perhaps that's something I need to get over, but even here folding to a raise, getting about 17:1 for a call, would make me cringe regardless of how futile a call might be.

Adam

ZZZ 10-22-2005 04:36 PM

Results

Thanks for the responses everyone. Very helpful.

It was checked through and my hand was good.

ZZZ

Roy6 10-22-2005 04:45 PM

Re: Results

don't you think A+crappy kicker will often check through the river?