Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   attacking pigeons (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=356861)

asofel 10-13-2005 01:31 PM

attacking pigeons

On the way to lunch right now I saw a man run after a pigeon, and take a big one handed polo style swing at his target. He missed, pigeon flew off, and he resumed his normal walk. It was pretty amusing as he looked like a normal older business man who should be on a cell phone, not running down the street chasing animals. As much as I dislike pigeons, I think i would have felt bad if he connected.

Is attacking a pigeon definitely wrong? What about another type of bird? How about a squirrel?

jakethebake 10-13-2005 01:33 PM

Re: attacking pigeons

[ QUOTE ]
Is attacking a pigeon definitely wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

How could this be wrong. I'd pay good money to watch some old guy in a suit chase pigeons around.

InchoateHand 10-13-2005 01:33 PM

Squirrels eat baby rabbits. They are disgusting rodents.

Trying to hit animals is fun, and I'm glad someone else does it too. I never connect.

IndieMatty 10-13-2005 01:34 PM

I generally spit on them on the street. Keeps me amused.

-Skeme- 10-13-2005 01:36 PM

George did it. Meh. Anyways, the wrongness of attacking a pigeon? Well, it really depends.. they're a trusting animal as they rely on people to feed them in public, so I'm sure you could trick them with some seed or something. That's angle shooting, though, and shouldn't be allowed. A bird? Well they're insanely quick, but probably don't have much of a defense, so that's kinda weak. And a squirrel, well they're probably quicker than birds (on land) and they have sharp claws. They're terribly cautious, too. I think if you can even catch a squirrel, or at least get close enough to hit it, you should be allowed the kill.

Cancer Merchant 10-13-2005 01:37 PM

Pigeon pounding requires the right weapon. A briefcase has good width, but has too much air resistance. Golf clubs have excellent reach, but require greater accuracy. Baseball bats combine decent reach with plenty of whacking power.

If you want maximum carnage, try a tennis racket, preferably re-laced with fishing line or piano wire.

-Skeme- 10-13-2005 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd pay good money to watch some old guy in a suit chase pigeons around.

[/ QUOTE ]

All you need is a suit and you're there, pops.

Shajen 10-13-2005 01:38 PM

I never trusted the squirrels. What with their wee beedy eyes and that smirk. Gah. Hit them, rip the flesh, wear the flesh, taste the flesh.

jakethebake 10-13-2005 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All you need is a suit and you're there, pops.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah. no interest in doing it myself. Maybe I can pay a bum to do it.

-Skeme- 10-13-2005 01:42 PM

PM mleader2, I think he knows one..