Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Joe Hachem Book (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=381378)

11-19-2005 02:30 AM

Joe Hachem Book

[ QUOTE ]
Joseph Hachem: (5:34 PM ET ) Question for all of you. If the audience wanted to read a book by Joe Hachem, would you want a how-to book or a personal experience book?

[/ QUOTE ]
Since I am the computer equivalent to a donkey, if anyone else finds this interesting, perhaps they could make a poll and we could find a way to get it to him. Just two choices, really, how to book (so that we can get into his head and find out how the champ thinks) or a personal experience book (his story is probably interesting, he's an immigrant to Australia, has some rare medical disorder that caused him to no longer be able to work as a chiropractor).
I'm sure Sklansky could see to it that he sees the results of the poll.

maurile 11-19-2005 03:22 AM

Re: Joe Hachem Book

A strategy book would be preferable.

Think his book will be out before Raymer's?

ClaytonN 11-19-2005 04:03 AM

If it's gonna be how-to, it's gotta be something we haven't seen a million times already before.

Photoc 11-19-2005 02:51 PM

It should be called:

"Joe Hachem: Pass the Sugar!"

popniklas 11-19-2005 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If it's gonna be how-to, it's gotta be something we haven't seen a million times already before.

[/ QUOTE ]

MCS 11-19-2005 04:23 PM

Personal.

11-19-2005 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It should be called:

"Joe Hachem: Pass the Sugar!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Sugar! Sugar! Sugar!

Oy! Oy! Oy!

Is there any indication that he is capable of really thinking about poker theory and explaining it to others? That's not a put-down; you can do stuff without being able to explain it. I haven't watched the last few shows of the WSOP yet, so I don't even have a shadow of a personal opinion about Hachem's ability to play. I think Sammy Farha is a great player, but I think he is street smart and I doubt he could write a good instructional book. Raymer, on the other hand, is obviously a thinker about the game, and very good at explaining it.

11-19-2005 06:04 PM

I will definitely read anything that Raymer writes. However, I think it would be very interesting to know the thought process each of them went through in defeating enormous fields to become champions. What was there overall philosophies, strategy, reads on players, what adjustments they made, how and why.

11-19-2005 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will definitely read anything that Raymer writes. However, I think it would be very interesting to know the thought process each of them went through in defeating enormous fields to become champions. What was there overall philosophies, strategy, reads on players, what adjustments they made, how and why.

[/ QUOTE ]

Moneymaker makes a stab at this in his book, but the results are disappointing.

11-20-2005 12:24 AM

He seems like a very interesting character. I hope he writes a book that is a mixture of both. Something similar to Matros's book.

The most important thing is that if he can't write well, that he doesn't try to do it all himself.