Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Creating meaning in my life (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=345656)

mason55 09-27-2005 06:38 PM

Creating meaning in my life

Ok, this isn't like a QLC post here. I'm not depressed or anything. But here's my story.

I'm 22, living alone in DC. I have a good job, as in, it pays the bills. I'm a programmer for the DoD. Now, let me tell you, it's not a very fulfilling job. Bascially, I help the military kill as many people as possible. I am very good at what I do, but I can't see myself being a programmer forever. I'm planning to go back to school (law or finance maybe, if I'm going to be miserable then I might as well make a lot of money), but until then I would like to do something else that will provide me with fulfillment (and maybe help meet some cute girls?)

I don't know, what do other people do besides work and play TV? I work out after work, go out drinking with my friends, play poker and video games, all that jazz.

Give me some suggestions.

PS: Flame away [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

SpearsBritney 09-27-2005 06:39 PM

Re: Creating meaning in my life

rock star

Michael Davis 09-27-2005 06:44 PM

You don't deserve a flaming. There isn't anything you can do to give meaning to your life, because there is no meaning. You can't even escape this through suicide so you should just accept it.

-Michael

mason55 09-27-2005 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
rock star

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah... i've been partying like a rock star for the last 5 straight years. i'm pretty sure that's causing some of my problems.

kurosh 09-27-2005 06:46 PM

What makes you happy? Do that.

I like to improve myself. I like to learn things in general and specific topics excite me a lot. There are certain people I enjoy being around a lot and that's pretty much it.

Patrick del Poker Grande 09-27-2005 06:48 PM

How're your reflexes? I suggest you train to be a cage fighter.

mason55 09-27-2005 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How're your reflexes? I suggest you train to be a cage fighter.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played goalie for 10 years. I have awesome reflexes. More info please?

mason55 09-27-2005 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't deserve a flaming. There isn't anything you can do to give meaning to your life, because there is no meaning. You can't even escape this through suicide so you should just accept it.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah... I guess I could lay off the existentialist literature. That kind of put me in a funk.

mmmmmbrother 09-27-2005 06:54 PM

make a dame kesi dilla

mason55 09-27-2005 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What makes you happy? Do that.

I like to improve myself. I like to learn things in general and specific topics excite me a lot. There are certain people I enjoy being around a lot and that's pretty much it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love learning. The problem is I know all this stuff and feel like it's a waste cause I never get to apply it to anything.

Maybe I'll try out for Jeopardy.

I'm a very goal oriented person and I just don't have any short term goals. I think that's my problem.