Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Hank Aaron Being His Usual Racist Self (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=366943)

RacersEdge 10-27-2005 10:08 PM

Hank Aaron Being His Usual Racist Self

Aaron is complaining that the Astros are too white - need more blacks. I wonder if he protests NBA games because they are too black. I'm getting sick of these ignorant attitiudes.

Aaron

10-27-2005 10:14 PM

Re: Hank Aaron Being His Usual Racist Self

[ QUOTE ]
Aaron is complaining that the Astros are too white - need more blacks. I wonder if he protests NBA games because they are too black. I'm getting sick of these ignorant attitiudes.

Aaron

[/ QUOTE ]

You are so wrong for so many reasons.

RacersEdge 10-27-2005 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Aaron

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Name just one.

10-27-2005 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Aaron

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Name just one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll start with 2.

1. His view is hardly "racist".
2. Walk a mile in the man's shoes before you decide that he's a "racist".

RacersEdge 10-27-2005 10:24 PM

My definintion of racist is using race as factor in making decisions - not necessarily hating some race.

youtalkfunny 10-27-2005 10:32 PM

I never spent years of my life opening letters that said, "Die, Niggr, Die! Dont shoe up at the game tonit or il tak you out with my rifl."

So I'm cutting Hank some slack on this one.

Jack of Arcades 10-27-2005 10:36 PM

The Astros just had their most successful season ever and he's criticizing their scouting department. Fantastic.

10-27-2005 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Astros just had their most successful season ever and he's criticizing their scouting department. Fantastic.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did find it surprising that they didnt have 1 black person on their roster. Am I the only one that didnt know this???

Dynasty 10-27-2005 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I did find it surprising that they didnt have 1 black person on their roster. Am I the only one that didnt know this???

[/ QUOTE ]

I hadn't heard it reported before this. It's definitely extraordinary.

Jack of Arcades 10-27-2005 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't have one African American on their roster, but Ezequiel Astacio's pretty black.