Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Are the SNGs really soft this week? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=402410)

betgo 12-20-2005 10:59 PM

Are the SNGs really soft this week?

I usually play MTTs, but I have been playing SNGs the last couple of weeks and have done well. Am I just learning how to beat the SNGs or are they a lot softer with the holidays?

12-20-2005 11:04 PM

Re: Are the SNGs really soft this week?

Do a search on +"variance".

12-20-2005 11:08 PM

hehe, well pergesu and a couple others are playing about 100 per day this week. Maybe that's why your ROI is so high. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

betgo 12-20-2005 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I am doing better and it is not just variance. I wonder how much of it is I have finally figured out SNG situational play and how much is seasonal fluctuations in the competition.

Swedebubba 12-21-2005 01:59 AM

A lot of people have that Christmas spirit and are willing to donate chips with a HO HO HO [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

12-21-2005 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A lot of people have that Christmas spirit and are willing to donate chips with a HO HO HO [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

12-21-2005 02:48 AM

Rock garden at the 11s tonight for some reason

tshort 12-21-2005 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually play MTTs, but I have been playing SNGs the last couple of weeks and have done well. Am I just learning how to beat the SNGs or are they a lot softer with the holidays?

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be impossible to prove any such theory, but I would agree that the weeks before and after Christmas might have many more casual players. Plenty of students have newfound boredom with winter break. One of my roomates played very casually throughout the semester, but played quite a bit after finals were over because he was bored. Free time + $Christmas money should contribute to more fish.

TheNoodleMan 12-21-2005 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I am doing better and it is not just variance. I wonder how much of it is I have finally figured out SNG situational play and how much is seasonal fluctuations in the competition.

[/ QUOTE ]
4k+ posts and you are sure that a couple week run on SNGs can't just be variance? Wow.

Pokey 12-21-2005 01:37 PM

How's this for variance:

Back-to-back I played two SNGs. In one, five people were eliminated in the first 10 hands. In the second, we still had a full table at the end of level 3.