Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Neteller - can't create account (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=311219)

Homer 08-09-2005 10:07 AM

Neteller - can\'t create account

I'm trying to help my woman setup a Neteller account, but it won't let us get through registration. We keep getting an error message saying that the primary phone number area code doesn't match up with the area in which she lives. This is because she has only a cell phone. When I e-mailed Neteller support about this, they said we had to have a phone number with a local area code.

Has anyone else had this issue? Should I put in a phony local number as the primary phone number and the cell number for the secondary phone number? Should I get a prepaid cell phone with a local area code?

-- Thanks, Homer

Baulucky 08-09-2005 10:14 AM

Re: Neteller - can\'t create account

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone else had this issue? Should I put in a phony local number as the primary phone number and the cell number for the secondary phone number? Should I get a prepaid cell phone with a local area code?

[/ QUOTE ]

Get Vonage for <$16.00 a month with any area code you want.

Edit to add: First 30 days free.

FlFishOn 08-09-2005 10:15 AM

These folks are double barrled jerks when it comes to their rules. Rules Nazis perhaps.

Any chance it's because a couple years ago I created a new bogus account there every other month?

JoshuaD 08-09-2005 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
These folks are double barrled jerks when it comes to their rules. Rules Nazis perhaps.

Any chance it's because a couple years ago I created a new bogus account there every other month?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

mb2696 08-09-2005 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Should I put in a phony local number as the primary phone number and the cell number for the secondary phone number?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is a good idea. I'm pretty sure at some point they have to call you at your primary number as a security procedure.

megantw 08-09-2005 10:32 AM

Does she have a local number at work? Use that.

Maulik 08-09-2005 10:37 AM

what's great is I'm from Maryland and can't open an account.

Homer 08-09-2005 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does she have a local number at work? Use that.

[/ QUOTE ]

She does, but doesn't want to be bothered with non-business related stuff there.

I was hoping there was an easier solution, preferably one that we could use to get rolling today, since we're impatient. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Vonage looks like a decent idea, assuming I could just cancel after the first month.

MyMindIsGoing 08-09-2005 10:54 AM

Welcome to the world of crappy registraition of online sites. I had the same thing happen when Party Poker wanted to verify me. I had neither a regular phone or a drivers licence so I was not welcome as a customer. What a joke.

Dotson 08-09-2005 11:35 AM

I had this same problem and got it resolved. All you have to do is call neteller and explain the situation to them. The representative will ask for you cell phone number and then call you back on it which will activate your account. It is going to take a while for them to go through all the
biographical information to make sure you are not trying to set up a fake account, but the problem is then easily resolved.

- D