Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   A hand reading exercise (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=330041)

jason_t 09-05-2005 11:28 AM

A hand reading exercise

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with x,y.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (17.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds, Button calls.

Final Pot: 19.50 BB

What did I have? What did SB have?

mr_perry84 09-05-2005 11:36 AM

Re: A hand reading exercise

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with x,y.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (17.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds, Button calls.

Final Pot: 19.50 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that you limped and then your sudden aggression on flop i'm putting you on QTo. SB is trickier. Not knowing what sort of player he is makes it difficult. I'm going to assume J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

soweak. 09-05-2005 11:40 AM

I am trying to think of a hand that you don't raise with that hits this flop hard enough to be jamming so early on the flop and the turn. My guess is you have 66 or QTo. I figure even in a SH game you are raising QQ and TT. I would expect a raise from a hand like K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], but I may be thinking full ring game terms. A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] I think would also raise.

Your opponents hand can only be J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. With the button cold calling raises on every street, it becomes obvious that he is drawing. SB cannot bet a worse hand than a flush on the end.

Hero: 66 or QTo
SB: J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (I guess K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is also a possibility)

Evan 09-05-2005 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am trying to think of a hand that you don't raise with that sees this flop

[/ QUOTE ]

eviljeff 09-05-2005 11:54 AM

after pf and flop:
you: Ax clubs, Kx clubs, J9 clubs, KJ with one club, QT, 66,
SB: straight draw, flush draw, two pair, or set

after turn:
I don't think you'd be raising your draw again here, you've got QT or 66
SB just made his straight or has a set

river:
you chuck your QT/66
SB shows down his straight or set

Michael Davis 09-05-2005 12:01 PM

"SB just made his straight or has a set"

If SB has QT, how badly has he misplayed his hand, if at all?

-Michael

Redd 09-05-2005 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"SB just made his straight or has a set"

If SB has QT, how badly has he misplayed his hand, if at all?

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you agree that SB shouldn't be 3-betting the turn with QT?

Michael Davis 09-05-2005 12:29 PM

"Would you agree that SB shouldn't be 3-betting the turn with QT?"

Unequivocally? No.

-Michael

TaintedRogue 09-05-2005 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You had J9, SB had the flush

Evan 09-05-2005 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You had J9, SB had the flush

[/ QUOTE ]
I hope this is a joke. There is NO WAY Jason had J9.