Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   PP beta problems.... crashcrashcrashcrash (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=407887)

jon462 12-30-2005 06:14 PM

PP beta problems.... crashcrashcrashcrash

When I 4 table PP beta it isnt too bad (crashes every 10-15 mins or so, and i can quickly reload PP, login, and push the button to repread tables in 10 secs)... but lately i have started pushing to play 6-8 tables, and with great success. The problem is with more than 4-5 tables up it crashes on me every 4-5 hands it seems. Sometimes it will crash, ill reopen, and within 5 secs it crashes again. Have we figured out what is causing the crashing yet? Anyone have any tips to prevent or at least reduce the crashing (it happens to me when i have PT running as well as when I have nothing else running).

Bill Poker 12-30-2005 06:28 PM

Re: PP beta problems.... crashcrashcrashcrash

I have been 4 tabling PP beta for a couple weeks, and it only crashed once. so I like the new version. whats your OS? mine is 2000 pro.

Jack Fate 12-30-2005 06:35 PM

i've had the same problem but not as frequently as you. i tried playing 8 tables and tiled to 1600X1200 resolution, and after a few minutes it froze up. i closed client and all other random apps then restarted client and it was fine. it may just be a RAM problem. so you can't have other apps running if you are doing more than 4 tables.

anyone with high performance PC had problems with beta crashing?

bluef0x 12-30-2005 06:50 PM

Mine used to crash every 20minutes or so (I 8-10 table)

But for the last 2 1/2 weeks or so it hasn't crashed once... I think it's since I reformatted actually.

curtains 12-30-2005 07:03 PM

Mine crashed a bunch yesterday. Do you think itd make sense to restart my computer before attempting to use it again?

bluef0x 12-30-2005 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Mine crashed a bunch yesterday. Do you think itd make sense to restart my computer before attempting to use it again?

[/ QUOTE ]

Worth a shot... I don't get why reformatting my computer would stop it from crashing but I played about 60 SnG's yesterday without a crash. Maybe try reinstalling the beta- perhaps they updated the software? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

12-30-2005 07:11 PM

Umm I've never experienced a crash. I have 512MB ram AMD2400+ or something like that. No super machine or anything.

curtains 12-30-2005 07:12 PM

How did you reformat your computer? This was the first time it crashed for me..

bluef0x 12-30-2005 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, if your gonna do that back up everything. I used my girlfriend's system restore cd that came with her laptop, it worked for my desktop. Pop in the cd and when you are booting it will say "Press any key to boot from cd" you have to press a key pretty fast and then it will prompt you. Just select your HD and reformat... it does the rest.

Now the problem I face is that I have no idea what my WinXP cd-key is and it's bugging me to activate... is there anyway you can find an old cd-key? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

TheNoodleMan 12-30-2005 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Reformatting your CPU should be an absolute last resort option.
I think this is as good a time as any to say
<font color="red">BACK UP YOUR PT DATABASE! </font>
that goes for anyone reading this.