Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   $55's... I don't see any good coming from this (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=370161)

durron597 11-02-2005 12:43 PM

Re: $55\'s... I don\'t see any good coming from this

[ QUOTE ]

I personally like to keep it simple when multitabling which is a big part of why I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an important consideration, probably the biggest one encouraging a fold.

I think this is a difficult-to-play yet +EV call.

tigerite 11-02-2005 01:26 PM

Like ChrisV, I fold. Maybe I might, just might, call it on the button or in the CO, but even that's damn rare.

junkmail3 11-02-2005 01:56 PM

I think folding this in level 1, MP, to a pretty big raise (45 is not too big, and I'd call that), is pretty standard.

pineapple888 11-02-2005 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is something a lot of people fail to realize. We are just as capable out outplaying our opponents as they are of outplaying us, and in this case we have a good (but not great) hand and position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. I only came back into this thread to see why it wasn't dead yet and I see respected posters defending the call.

The typical situation is flop xxx and a 2/3 to full pot bet by villain. How do you plan to "outplay" him now? Call again?

I call raises with AQ on early levels sometimes, but only when I'm pretty sure they don't represent a good hand (e.g. minraises), or if the raiser is in late position, or with a big positional advantage. This kind of large size raise in early position is right out, especially with a bunch of guys still to act behind me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Rags fall, you're behind to nearly everything. A Queen falls, you're behind to AA-QQ. An A falls, you're behind to AK. You really need AQ specifically on the flop to feel confident about playing this hand.

Although I guess you could "outplay" your opponent. Some dude made exactly this call against me last night -- my AK EP, his AQ MP. With AJT on the board, he pushes. I let it go and he proudly shows me his AQ. Don't know if he was a donk or an expert.

11-02-2005 02:35 PM

i can't fold fast enough

sofere 11-02-2005 02:44 PM

i can fold fast enough.

kyro 11-02-2005 03:03 PM

Sometimes I fold. Sometimes I call. Once I pushed. That was good for a laugh.

But given it's a $55 (not a $10 when I pushed), it was for 75 chips (not 45 where I might call), I fold quickly.