Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   10-20 NLH -- 3 hands against the same villain (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=389119)

Rococo 12-01-2005 11:52 AM

10-20 NLH -- 3 hands against the same villain

I wanted some feedback on three hands involving the same villain. Game is five-handed and not great, with only one weak player at the table (not the Villain).

Villain is immediately to my left in all three hands. I would describe him as "active", but not overly reckless. He calls a lot preflop if he has position. He is the kind of player that is willing to call one bet with a marginal holding and then reevaluate (i.e. try and outplay you) on the next street.

My image is aggressive but not stupid. I have been running pretty good for about 30 minutes, and have been putting money in the pot accordingly. I haven't bluffed much and I haven't been picked off yet.

Hand 1

Villain has $2200. I have him covered.

Preflop

I make it $75 to go one off the Button with Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. Villain calls on the Button. Blinds BB calls.

Flop

K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet $225. Villain calls.

Turn

6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I open push.

Hand 2

Villain has approximately $2100. I have him covered.

Preflop

I raise to $75 one off the Button with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Villain calls.

Flop

3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet $125. Villain calls.

Turn

2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I bet $300. Villain minraises.

Hand 3

Villain has $2400. I have him covered.
Preflop

Good TAG raises to $75 UTG. I call with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the Button. Villain calls in the SB. BB calls as well.

Flop

K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Checks all the way around.

Turn

T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Blinds check to TAG, who bets $200. Based on the way the table had been playing, I believe that this means he has a T (maybe 1/3 of the time) or air/low pockets (the other 2/3 of the time), but I can't be sure of course.

I call. To my surprise, Villain calls in the SB.

River

6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villain leads for $200. TAG folds.

creedofhubris 12-01-2005 12:33 PM

Re: 10-20 NLH -- 3 hands against the same villain

Hand 1 looks fine, if heart-pounding.

Hand 2, I have no answers.

Hand 3, why check flop? As played, against most opponents, call river and expect to lose.

Is this at pokerroom? Who is villain?

AZK 12-01-2005 12:33 PM

Hand 1) I like a turn check raise better, trap some money in there, plus if it gets checked around you get paid because I think your hand is well disguised.

Hand 2) I think you are chopping this.

Hand 3) fold.

Rococo 12-01-2005 12:44 PM

Irish is the Villain. _fil is the TAG in hand 3.

Rococo 12-01-2005 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2) I think you are chopping this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure that this is a chop a lot of the time. The question is whether I want to pay a pot-sized bet on the river (which I know is coming if the board doesn't pair) to find out. How do you feel about an open push if the board does pair?

creedofhubris 12-01-2005 01:28 PM

Then fold hand 3 on the river.

creedofhubris 12-01-2005 01:29 PM

I in fact almost typed in my original post "if villain is Irish then fold hand 3 on the river."

AceHiStation 12-01-2005 02:21 PM

Hand 1: I like

Hand 2: Why bet the turn? You don't want to play a big pot with the ass-end of a 4-card straight. I check turn and look to call but most likely fold to overbet.

Hand 3: I like a flop bet. I fold river, although this could be a missed QJ representing the flush.

neon 12-01-2005 04:06 PM

Hand one looks good. You'd have heard from him if he had a set, so you're pretty much worried about a straight only here, me thinks.

Hand two, eh, against irish, could be a chop, but I kinda doubt it, I really see him having 56s or 66 a lot of the time here. Don't think he'd play a set this way. This one kinda depends on game flow/your image, etc. I call this and re-evaluate on the river sometimes and sometimes fold. Tough one.

Hand three, bet the flop, call the turn, fold the river for sure.

This made me laugh: "_fil is the TAG." _fil, a *TAG*???? Now THAT, my friend, is rich. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

-neon.

ObnxNole 12-01-2005 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Irish is the Villain. _fil is the TAG in hand 3.

[/ QUOTE ]
Both very tough opponents judging from my experience on eurobet. I will not play against fil... he's probably the best player on the site..find an easier game.