Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Too Passive? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=389124)

QTip 12-01-2005 11:57 AM

Too Passive?

Villain is 40/13/1.6

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $3.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 (poster) checks, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (8 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

River: (12 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB

krimson 12-01-2005 12:01 PM

Re: Too Passive?

Looks fine to me. I doubt that he would be attacking you after you 3-bet the flop and bet the 2nd Q on the turn. He's a bit loose and may just have a weaker Q, but I think he could also have a FH here often enough that I don't really want to raise back.

SnglMaltScotch 12-01-2005 12:16 PM

Standard

jt1 12-01-2005 12:16 PM

I'd raise back a guy who sees 40% of all flops in a full ring game

QTip 12-01-2005 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks fine to me. I doubt that he would be attacking you after you 3-bet the flop and bet the 2nd Q on the turn. He's a bit loose and may just have a weaker Q, but I think he could also have a FH here often enough that I don't really want to raise back.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm rather convinced I should be 3 betting this turn. The only hand played this way imo is QJ. There are a ton of other combos I beat here.

krimson 12-01-2005 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm rather convinced I should be 3 betting this turn. The only hand played this way imo is QJ. There are a ton of other combos I beat here.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with you somewhat after thinking it through. It's hard to put him on a realistic range that has us beat. QJ/Q7s/77 are "realistic".

I also have a hard time putting him on a range that he plays this aggressively that we have beat though. Q9, Q8s, Q6s? JT? Q9 and Q8 are very reasonable but anything else seems somewhat questionable even for a fish.

Are we ahead here 66%+ such that risking being raised back and not being able to fold still retains it's value?

Any chance your thoughts on this hand are affected by the outcome? ("I knew I should have ... syndrome").

BWebb 12-01-2005 12:58 PM

I'd say 3-bet the turn. The fact that he checkraised the flop and faced the field with 2-bets makes me think he doesn't have a set or QJ. I'd expect this from a queen and chances are it's weaker than yours (he raises AQ for sure, and with 13% PFR he probably raises KQ). However, this is assuming he isn't a complete moron and would notice what a checkraise would do on the flop. His numbers aren't that bad, so I'm assuming he is.

krimson 12-01-2005 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd say 3-bet the turn. The fact that he checkraised the flop and faced the field with 2-bets makes me think he doesn't have a set or QJ.

[/ QUOTE ]
He's not a thinking player though. To him, he just pulled off a sweet c/r.

BWebb 12-01-2005 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd say 3-bet the turn. The fact that he checkraised the flop and faced the field with 2-bets makes me think he doesn't have a set or QJ.

[/ QUOTE ]
He's not a thinking player though. To him, he just pulled off a sweet c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about that. If he's wise enough to smoothcall the flop and checkraise the turn with a monster, I think he's smart enough not to face everyone with two cold with that same monster.

Rootabager 12-01-2005 01:03 PM

That's a tough spot. His aggression isnt very high ( even though i dont know how many hands it's over)

JQ really is your only worry. KQ is a possibility because alot of people wont hit it with KQ UTG but his pfr is pretty high so he might. 77 to utg maybe too that just called your 3 bet on the flop so he could raise the turn is what he might do.

I think you played it fine.