Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   K5s, posting in the CO, flop decision (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=318394)

Boolean 08-19-2005 02:12 AM

K5s, posting in the CO, flop decision

First hand, no reads.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero folds.

I'm getting odds for a gutshot, if I didn't discount them because of the flush potential. I could also split the pot with another king as well. Good fold? I found that some of my weaknesses were calling on the flop without proper odds and without discounting appropriately, so I'm making a conscious effort to notice these plays and really think them through.

08-19-2005 02:17 AM

Re: K5s, posting in the CO, flop decision

Easy fold.

08-19-2005 08:56 AM

easy fold,
if your posts are getting less than 5 replies, try posting fewer but more difficult to play hands
cdl

Bodhi 08-19-2005 12:06 PM

Super-easy fold.

2+2 Junkie 08-19-2005 12:07 PM

you have to fold, your gutshot isn't that good considering it could complete a flush. Pot is small as well.

KeysrSoze 08-19-2005 12:27 PM

Ya, even I fold this [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

tiltaholic 08-19-2005 01:28 PM

crap guys. maybe i'm wrong, but i call this.
why do we think someone has a king again? or a flush draw for that matter? do we think SB or BB is checkraising??

i understand that it's good to discount outs and all that, but we're talking about one small bet here people. and the pot is getting bigger...

Marquis 08-19-2005 01:48 PM

10-1? Sweet Jesus, call that thing.

teajay 08-19-2005 02:08 PM

Looks standard.

You have to discount your outs for the gutshot somewhat. ALso the possibility of a chop pot and you're probably not going to win by speaking either a K or 5.

Redd 08-19-2005 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
crap guys. maybe i'm wrong, but i call this.
why do we think someone has a king again? or a flush draw for that matter? do we think SB or BB is checkraising??

i understand that it's good to discount outs and all that, but we're talking about one small bet here people. and the pot is getting bigger...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd call it too. After discounting the king outs for a split/flush, we're still getting implied odds with our excellent relative position. If this is a fold, it's certainly not an easy one.