Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Software (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Poker Tracker "Instruction Manual" (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=373415)

11-07-2005 08:52 AM

Poker Tracker \"Instruction Manual\"

Still pretty much a newbie...I've downloaded the trial of pokertracker and I'm about 95% sure I'm going to buy the full version. I was wondering the best way to get the most value out of it.
The overall amount of information it gives you is great but I'd like to know if there is an "instruction manuel" out there which tells you everything about the different numbers and then also if there are some "model numbers" out there that I can compare stats to to see what parts of my game are solid and where I need the most improvement.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

11-07-2005 09:03 AM

Re: Poker Tracker \"Instruction Manual\"

www.pokertrackerguide.com costs $20 but well worth it in my opinion.

11-07-2005 09:08 AM

Perfect!

Thanks so much for the reply.

TheNoocH 11-07-2005 09:08 AM

also www.bet-the-pot.com
excission created a bunch of free articles on PT

68Mustang 11-07-2005 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
also www.bet-the-pot.com

[/ QUOTE ]

TimsterToo 11-07-2005 12:20 PM

Could you elaborate a bit on what it learns you? I think 20$ is a pretty hefty fee. I certainly don't have a problem with paying someone for a job well done but it has to be in relation to what's offered. Also I can't shake the feeling that a 50$ piece of software should come with a guide but that's something for Pat. (their fantastic service more than makes up for it btw, buy Pokertracker!!)

Have you read the advice on bet-the-pot? Is this guide so much better that you're better of spending the money instead of using that free advice in combination with everything on the forums?

Your input will be greatly appreciated!

MaxPowerPoker 11-07-2005 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Could you elaborate a bit on what it learns you? I think 20$ is a pretty hefty fee. I certainly don't have a problem with paying someone for a job well done but it has to be in relation to what's offered. Also I can't shake the feeling that a 50$ piece of software should come with a guide but that's something for Pat. (their fantastic service more than makes up for it btw, buy Pokertracker!!)

Have you read the advice on bet-the-pot? Is this guide so much better that you're better of spending the money instead of using that free advice in combination with everything on the forums?

Your input will be greatly appreciated!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the PokerTrackerGuide has any information that is not included at bet-the-pot. It's a useful guide, but free is better and the bet-the-pot articles are more than adequate.

-Zapp (formerly MaxPowerPoker)

11-08-2005 12:48 AM

I read most of the bet-the-pot stuff tonight...helpful, but generally all NL stuff. Does the pokertracker guide consider LH at all? Right now I'm playing 2/4 some 3/6. Also there was very little (nothing) on making Pokerstars hand histories easier to get in (can real time tracking be done on PS?)
As always, any response is appreciated.