Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   PS SNG summaries (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=356647)

jmillerdls 10-13-2005 04:49 AM

PS SNG summaries

Is it just me, or are these a bit tedious to deal with?
I playe a dozen tournaments, and then have the last 12 sent to me, but have to manually enter 7 of them against since they don't have the whole history, and then have to manually enter any that hadn't finished when I requested the summary.

Is everyone else doing this, or is there a much easier way? Seems like a lot of hassle.

Olback 10-13-2005 05:36 AM

Re: PS SNG summaries

There is an option to have them automatically copied to your hard drive. This is what i use and they are always complete.

splashpot 10-13-2005 05:38 AM

The summaries too? I get the individual hand histories copied to my HD, but the summaries I email to myself. And yes it is a pain in the arse. I thought that was the only way.

jmillerdls 10-13-2005 06:43 AM

Yeah, same with me. I don't see anything where you can get the complete summaries sent.

skoal2k4 10-13-2005 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it just me, or are these a bit tedious to deal with?
I playe a dozen tournaments, and then have the last 12 sent to me, but have to manually enter 7 of them against since they don't have the whole history, and then have to manually enter any that hadn't finished when I requested the summary.

Is everyone else doing this, or is there a much easier way? Seems like a lot of hassle.

[/ QUOTE ]

I write down the tournament number and request the tournament history for each tournament the next day... then just have pokertracker import from email. This is the best way i've found for me to do it

KingDan 10-13-2005 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There is an option to have them automatically copied to your hard drive. This is what i use and they are always complete.

[/ QUOTE ]

How? I have been getting them automatically sent to gmail, I sent up pop3 with Mozilla Thunderbird, and pokertracker just does not see the summaries in my email.

pooh74 10-13-2005 12:03 PM

The most complete summaries you can get at a time are 5...I 4 table so I just wait till im done. If I am 4 tabling continuously, I just request often enough so that I don't miss any. (3 times per hour). Then I just load all the emails into PT at the end of the day. If it tells me I am missing any, I will just request them manually later.

This is the best way I have found.

darkcore 10-13-2005 12:37 PM

it works! thanks, now this stuff is a lot easier!

jmillerdls 10-13-2005 02:09 PM

yeah, so this is what I do too, but it's still a pain in the ass. Maybe if the little tournament summary request window didn't close everytime you requested a history. That way at least you could get through all of them without having to re-open between each one. Seems like making this process easier would be a good idea for them.

pooh74 10-13-2005 02:46 PM

Agreed...but If you constantly make requests for previous 5, you wont miss many...unless you 6+table them. I 4 table so its no big deal.