Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   The Big Game at Bellagio (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=360382)

Solami17 10-18-2005 07:29 PM

The Big Game at Bellagio

I am going to Vegas pretty soon and was wondering when the "big boys" play a $2,000-$4,000 limit game. Not that I would sit at that table or anything, I just think it would be fun to watch.

wayabvpar 10-18-2005 07:32 PM

Re: The Big Game at Bellagio

It is usually later at night- 10 pm or so was the earliest I saw it going. Didn't see it going on Sunday or Monday nights either, but YMMV. Small sample size and all that.

Solami17 10-18-2005 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is usually later at night- 10 pm or so was the earliest I saw it going. Didn't see it going on Sunday or Monday nights either, but YMMV. Small sample size and all that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whay is YMMV?

Rumbles 10-18-2005 07:46 PM

Your mileage may vary.

Photoc 10-18-2005 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am going to Vegas pretty soon and was wondering when the "big boys" play a $2,000-$4,000 limit game. Not that I would sit at that table or anything, I just think it would be fun to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

You wont be able to watch. Unless you're playing in it, you're not getting anywhere near it.

sternroolz 10-18-2005 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You wont be able to watch. Unless you're playing in it, you're not getting anywhere near it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can see the players in the fish tank, thats about it. I think if you stood there and stared, everyone might think there is something wrong with you.

10-18-2005 09:53 PM

I was there in June playing, and as another just pointed out - you cannot get close. There was a guy watching and within a minute, a security guard/usher came and told him he cannot stand there. Ivey was in and out, w/ an amazing stack of chips.

10-19-2005 11:41 AM

If they want it to be private I wonder why they are in a glass-enclosed room. When I saw it last time I was there it reminded me of just what you called it -- a fish tank. Why not give them a more private area?

CrazyEyez 10-19-2005 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If they want it to be private I wonder why they are in a glass-enclosed room. When I saw it last time I was there it reminded me of just what you called it -- a fish tank. Why not give them a more private area?

[/ QUOTE ]
People will come play at the Bellagio just for the chance to say they saw so-and-so playing in the big game. It's marketing.

TheMetetron 10-19-2005 11:46 AM

If you consider Farha a semi-big guy, he's playing the 100/200 No Limit quite a bit there (and it's usually on the ground floor by the cage). Usually sits with upwards of $40-50k. Not quitte as impressive as $4,000/$8,000 limit, but not something to scoff at.