Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   KJ Vs Complete newbie (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=400886)

POKhER 12-18-2005 06:08 PM

KJ Vs Complete newbie

MP here is a complete newbie, I asked him how long he'd played ("your slaughtering the table, how much you won dude/how long you played ofr?" "about 2days, yeah i started with $25 here" - Had $185 chip stack).

Anyhow back to the hand and reads. 77/3/0.90

Interms of reads its hard to summarise. He's been aggressive with one pair OOP, Hes bet the lowest pair on the board when checked to in a multiway pot, he's called river 3bets when i've got the nuts flush vs another flush and he has a 1card straight.

Other things include calling down with flopped 2piar vs aggression.

in summary i guess this guys a bit scared, likes to know his hand is pretty strong before click the raise/bet button but HAS bet into lot sof guys with marginal hands. He mixes it up...without realising. Or maybe hes a genious? and im the newbie.

Rest of the table are pretty loose, 40%VPIP's and ive kept out the way for a while jumping in with big hands then letting them battle it out. They all seem to fold the flop unless holding decent draws and will show aggression if holding a decent hand.

I felt real comfortable at this table.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP calls, Button calls.

<font color="blue"> KJo, Crappy position...Loose opponents...dont want BB seeing free flop... But do i want to bloat the pot? Play this hand OOP? Do i have much equity? All thoughts went through my head. </font>

Flop: (8 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

<font color="blue"> Flush draw, most likly to the nuts(A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] HU is unlikly ). They may all fold but i doubt it, i think A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is unlikly and i want to kill the field. [Dam my logic severly sucks mid game...] </font>

Turn: (6 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ....

<font color="blue"> This is where you guys come in, I'll say what i did in a bit but i want opinions. Right now i've got him .... tell you in a bet</font>

RandBriscoe 12-18-2005 06:16 PM

Re: KJ Vs Complete newbie

Hero bets the turn and calls a raise... And check-calls a blank river. Donks a river [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Edit: Thats gay, I bet a blank river...

gonzopro 12-18-2005 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero bets the turn and calls a raise... And check-calls a blank river. Donks a river [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Edit: Thats gay, I bet a blank river...

[/ QUOTE ]

After agreeing with the first line, I was highly disappointed to read the second. But a stop and go is probably a good play here with a very good hand against this guy. I'm ck/calling a non [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ace though.

Peter Harris 12-18-2005 06:54 PM

bet turn. call a raise.

Bet any river. call a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K or J, plus a few more sor sh*ts and giggles.

krishanleong 12-18-2005 06:56 PM

I think not check raising this turn is a disaster.

Krishan

Disconnected 12-18-2005 07:05 PM

I think a c/r makes sense against a default player, but do you think that villain is betting a hand we want to raise based on OP's read?

I'd be more inclined to bet/call the turn given that read.

12-18-2005 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think not check raising this turn is a disaster.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

If we check/call it can be 0 bets when we are miles ahead, or 3 bets when we are miles behind.

Stop and go on turn and river are fine,

c/c a non A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],

bet/3-bet any [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I think raising this hand pf is a mistake...

zgall1 12-18-2005 07:10 PM

I also think the PF raise is a mistake. It's unlikely you are going to get the BB to fold (at this level) and then you have a good but not great hand OOP. I'd rather complete and see a flop.

Jdanz 12-18-2005 08:02 PM

i like bet call, donk a heart river. I lean towards check calling otherwise.

really though my main concern in the raise, i don't think it loses much, but i just don't like it, ties you to the pot oop and leaves you in a lot of akward positions, i raise suited or kq.

12-18-2005 08:06 PM

I don't raise AJ / KQ there in this situation.

Is that too weak?