Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   AKs Big draw (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398031)

orange 12-14-2005 01:11 AM

AKs Big draw

25NL Party 10 full. Converter is down so I'll do it manually.

Hero has $28. Villan 1 covers table. Villan 2 has $31.

Villan 2 has been playing wild and loose. He has raised frequently and has not shown down many hands. Hero has been playing tight, and this is the 2nd hand I have played in 2 rounds. No reads on Villan 1.

PF: Folds to Hero who raises $1.5 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in MP. Villan 1 calls in the SB, Villan 2 in the BB.

($4.5)Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villan 1 checks. Villan 2 bets $4. Hero raises to $26.5 and is all in.

Stnd?

12-14-2005 01:15 AM

Re: AKs Big draw

looks good to me, hope you hit

EMcWilliams 12-14-2005 01:42 AM

While I consider this to be standard, given you BR issues, I think you might be better off jsut calling here and seeing a turn. Plays like this add to your variance, which is the last thing you need.

orange 12-14-2005 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
While I consider this to be standard, given you BR issues, I think you might be better off jsut calling here and seeing a turn. Plays like this add to your variance, which is the last thing you need.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same. High variance moves like this are not good. I really didn't want to see a blank turn and a PSB though. I wanted to take it down now.

EMcWilliams 12-14-2005 01:48 AM

I agree with you, but with your limited roll you might want to pass up some edges here and there that will lead to a higher variance. IMO, with a full roll pushing is optimal there, but with what you have left, it might be a poor idea.

orange 12-14-2005 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with you, but with your limited roll you might want to pass up some edges here and there that will lead to a higher variance. IMO, with a full roll pushing is optimal there, but with what you have left, it might be a poor idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, thanks for the criticism. I needed it I think. Villan folded to my A.I. and he busted shortly after with mid pair. Too bad.

Sykes 12-14-2005 01:52 AM

Limited roll? Explain. BTW, this is pretty standard. Although don't expect to be called by anything less than AQ (I would say 2 pair if this was NL100-200).

orange 12-14-2005 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Limited roll? Explain. BTW, this is pretty standard. Although don't expect to be called by anything less than AQ (I would say 2 pair if this was NL100-200).

[/ QUOTE ]

Look for the bigass thread "help, im getting raped in internet poker". Its basically me bitching like a whiny girl. Should be a few pages back.