Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   HU FPS against a fish (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=407256)

stinkypete 12-29-2005 05:45 PM

HU FPS against a fish

opponent is quite bad. passive, and likes to donkbet when he picks up draws and at other seemingly random times.

i raise A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the button. fish calls.

flop is A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

fish bets. i "think" for 5-6 seconds before raising. fish calls.

turn is 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

fish checks. i check.

river is 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

fish bets. i raise. fish calls.

wackjob 12-29-2005 05:49 PM

Re: HU FPS against a fish

no chance i'm checking this turn. bet bet bet.

stinkypete 12-29-2005 05:51 PM

i guess i should have added that his hand range is mostly no pair hands. i'd say he has a five of a pocket pair maybe 30% of the time.

TStoneMBD 12-29-2005 06:18 PM

if you really think hell call your flop raise with no pair and fold the turn then i think the turn check is reasonable since hes probably drawing dead. but having that information isnt enough to check the turn imo. you also have to be convinced that hell bet the river after youll check the turn.

stinkypete 12-29-2005 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you also have to be convinced that hell bet the river after youll check the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

why? a) he might improve on the river so he can bet or at least call a bet, and b) he might decide his king/queen high is good and call the river bet, when he'd chuck it on the turn.

and yeah, he probably also bluffs the river somewhat often with his ten high.

oreogod 12-29-2005 06:40 PM

Most of the time, a fish isnt putting u on an ace. You get called down by any pair, any gutshot, etc here almost always.

As usual he prolly thinks u have KQ, etc and will bet turn and check behind on river, so I would not be suprised for him to call flop raise, call turn and donk river, in which case u make more.

stinkypete 12-29-2005 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most of the time, a fish isnt putting u on an ace. You get called down by any pair, any gutshot, etc here almost always.

As usual he prolly thinks u have KQ, etc and will bet turn and check behind on river, so I would not be suprised for him to call flop raise, call turn and donk river, in which case u make more.

[/ QUOTE ]

there's no way this guy is capable of such elaborate thought. he makes decisions street by street. he would not bet the river because he fears i'll check behind with king high. he'd bet the river for one of two reasons:

a) oooh, a pair! BET BET BET!
b) hmm, ten high. can't win without betting!

Lmn55d 12-29-2005 08:42 PM

I think he'll have a pair, be calling down with K high, or be peeling the turn often enough that you need to bet it