Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   So I go to do a little hijacking and somebody takes offense (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=384364)

slavic 11-24-2005 12:35 AM

So I go to do a little hijacking and somebody takes offense

At present I'm running 17/11/3, the CO is TP-P the Button is 8/4/4 over 250 hands, the SB is really tight and the BB is a terrible player. Now while I have been playing tight I did reraise a guy with Q5s on a Q high flop, caught a straight after I took a free card and he made sure that everyone knew I was just stupid as a rusty pot. So am I giving you mixed messages? Well sure.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
4 folds, Hero raises, CO calls, Button 3-bets, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (15 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks, Button bets, SB calls, BB calls,Hero raises, CO folds, Button 3-bets, SB calls, BB calls, Hero caps, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (15.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img](4 players
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (19.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 players)
SB folds, BB checks, Hero checks, Button bets, BB calls, Hero raises, Button calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 25.50 BB

shant 11-24-2005 12:43 AM

Re: So I go to do a little hijacking and somebody takes offense

I would play this the same but I'd never think to checkraise the river. Nice hand.

private joker 11-24-2005 12:45 AM

The Button is 8/4/4, he 3-bets PF and 3-bets the flop, and you think your hand is good? I'd get to the river cheap and beg for a club. You gave too much action on turn and river.

If you won this hand, it's an abberation and a miracle. Button's stats and play are consistent with AK/AA/KK.

EDIT: I misread the turn action, but I still think the river c/r is too much.

shant 11-24-2005 12:49 AM

Whoa I'm drunk. There's an A AND K on the flop. Didn't see that. Wouldn't an 8/4/4 raise the turn with a set? That turn card isn't a scare card.

Edit: LOL AK beats 9T on this board. I should go back to the bar.

CourtJester 11-24-2005 01:34 AM

AQs is also in the 4 range right?? did he show u AQ of clubs and you just got lucky not getting youre club?? River checkraise against that guy being agg the whole time does seem a bit crazy, but im not the one watching him show down

11-24-2005 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: (15.50 BB) 9(4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

11-24-2005 03:32 AM

I dont think you should be playing a baby FD that agg on the flop especially when you could be baried by someone with ace of clubs. If the ace and king are clubs its a different story. CR river is sketchy too