Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   who wants to gamble with James??? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=351522)

DcifrThs 10-06-2005 03:04 AM

who wants to gamble with James???

Party 2k NL,

im sure a few of you would call here and most of you would fold. it doesn't matter what i did im just curious what % of MHNL wants to put it in on a flip

limpy=ish game 2 limpers to me i limp with 9h8h. sometimes i raise here, sometimes i dont, now i didn't.

james is in the bb and he checks right along, i have position and its 4 handed. james has about 3k and i have about 3k.

flop is 6h5hXx james comes right out and bets like 77 or 80 or so. 1 caller and i make it 200. james doesn't even HESITATE for a second and just pushes it all in so its like 2.8k for me to call getting for all intents and purposes 1:1 on the call.

who calls here, who folds?

what does he have?

-Barron

A few notes: i dont always raise this flop. sometimes i call. this time i decided to raise. i dont always limp behind, this time i did...so of course we can all play this differently...i just wanna know who gambles.

ggbman 10-06-2005 03:11 AM

Re: who wants to gamble with James???

you'll check-raise king-5 high but fold this? I call because i like to gamble. I try to stick to limit because i like to gamble.

James282 10-06-2005 03:11 AM

Flop was 6x5h2h.
-James

Spladle Master 10-06-2005 03:16 AM

I would call and justify it by saying that I was being laid a decent price and he might be overplaying such-and-such hand and it'll be good for image and blah-blah-blah but really I would call because I do not like folding.

etizzle 10-06-2005 03:21 AM

i gamble and call. From james's correction i'm beginning to think he had A2h or similiar, and you were in a lot of trouble.

im_the_dirt 10-06-2005 04:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
flop is 6h5hXx james comes right out and bets like 77 or 80 or so. 1 caller and i make it 200

[/ QUOTE ]

This looks very bad to me. Call or make it something like 350.
As for the decision at hand fold he has big hearts here too often for a call to be right.

-dirt

10-06-2005 04:17 AM

I changed my mind, nevermind

Ulysses 10-06-2005 04:24 AM

Why did you raise the flop? I fold to his push every time. I can't believe so many people are calling. I knew Party games ruled, but....

chuddo 10-06-2005 04:41 AM

pretty simple and clear fold.
when the best case scenario is that you are a slight underdog (an unlikely TT), and at worse case you are significantly buried: Ah 6h...you fold.

you are 43-57 against a hand like 62 top and bottom, and 33-67 against 22 bottom set.

now what hands is he bet-3betting all in huge on this flop?

his range has you crushed. fold all day and then feel bad for raising the flop.

Kirkrrr 10-06-2005 05:24 AM

I don't think it's a coinflip - best case scenario he's probably also on a draw but his is bigger - KhTh, QhJh, etc. I've also seen bottom sets played this way, and black 45o. The only card that's a clear winner is a 7, and if he does have a set/two pair combo then he still has redraws. Bad spot and too deep stacked to gamble. Easy fold.

Kirk