Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Standard? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=295087)

MrFeelNothin 07-18-2005 05:55 AM

Standard?

Im pretty sure this is completely standard so dont go thinking ive got something interesting. Just a checkup....

5/106max, UTG is loose and bad, nothing really sticks out yet. read is unimportant anyways i think.

Preflop: UTG calls, MP raises, SB calls, I call in BB with 87o, UTG calls...

Flop: A85rainbow, checked around

Turn: A still rainbow, I bet, UTG thinks and calls, rest fold.

River: 3 I check, UTG bets, I turbo muck.

yes or no?

NLSoldier 07-18-2005 05:59 AM

Re: Standard?

I think the river check fold is pretty awful. Either bet/fold or check/call. The guy has done nothing but check and call until the river and all the sudden you feel the need to turbo muck [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

MrFeelNothin 07-18-2005 06:03 AM

What hand could he have called me with on the turn other than an A.

He is not loose enough to be playing 67 UTG, no other draws out there.

NLSoldier 07-18-2005 06:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd be surprised.

Seriously though, how about 22,44,A3s, KQ that he thinks is the best hand?

MrFeelNothin 07-18-2005 06:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd be surprised.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm....i think the type of player that would call the turn with 22 or 44 would check thru on the river. A3s??? ill ignore that one...KQ? i dunno, he was 40/17 i think he would have raised any big Ks.

doesnt my play look exactly like i tried to CR the pfr? now im frustratedly betting out on the turn, certainly not bluffing into 4 players.

he is sitting with the A and he doesnt want to drive away customers drawing dead, so he flat calls.

i hate putting people on such narrow hand ranges, but in this situation i really cant see putting in any bets on the river.

Danenania 07-18-2005 06:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd be surprised.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm....i think the type of player that would call the turn with 22 or 44 would check thru on the river. A3s??? ill ignore that one...KQ? i dunno, he was 40/17 i think he would have raised any big Ks.

doesnt my play look exactly like i tried to CR the pfr? now im frustratedly betting out on the turn, certainly not bluffing into 4 players.

he is sitting with the A and he doesnt want to drive away customers drawing dead, so he flat calls.

i hate putting people on such narrow hand ranges, but in this situation i really cant see putting in any bets on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I count right after a long night you are getting 7 to 1 on the river after UTG bets. Yes the scenario you describe is quite a likely scenario but it will be otherwise often enough to make a check/fold wrong. I'm with NLS on either bet/folding or check/calling depending on a more specific read. Against an unknown probably check/call and ensure a showdown.

Alobar 07-18-2005 09:43 AM

I fold PF

I'm with everyone else, I don't like check/fold river. bet/call or check/call. Your read is he is "loose and bad", you will almost certainely win this often enough to show a profit.

PokerBob 07-18-2005 10:16 AM

no

Noodles 07-18-2005 10:38 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
bob your avatar has me in stitches,
Brilliant!

Noodles 07-18-2005 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cant beleive you are convinced he has an A, because he called a turn bet,
put yourself in his shoes,
flop is checked around,pfr hasnt bet, then the BB bets out when an A hits turn again,would you fold evey hand that hadn't an ace in it?