Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Another AA hand **yawn** (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=407169)

Scuba Chuck 12-29-2005 03:17 PM

Another AA hand **yawn**

PartyPoker, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t820)
UTG+1 (t1395)
MP1 (t825) <font color="white"> Qc 8c </font>
MP2 (t1095)
MP3 (t420)
CO (t1045)
Hero (t730)
SB (t685)
BB (t985)

Preflop: Hero is in Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, MP1 calls t30, <font color="gray">MP2 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP3 folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises t100</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>, MP1 calls t70

Flop: (t90) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)
MP1 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets t125</font>, MP1 calls t125

Turn: (t90) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)
MP1 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets t125</font>, MP1 calls t125

River: (t90) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
MP1 checks, Hero checks

I don't know if I like my check on the end here. Do you think this is best often enough? I certainly like a check OOP.

PS - Perg, thanks for writing a new converter, it's such a time saver. For some reason on this HH, it said the BB was t60??

ZeroPointMachine 12-29-2005 03:24 PM

Re: Another AA hand **yawn**

I would never bet this river.

12-29-2005 03:25 PM

Can you explain the bet on the turn? The pot is 480 and you bet 125?

[ QUOTE ]
PS - Perg, thanks for writing a new converter, it's such a time saver. For some reason on this HH, it said the BB was t60??

[/ QUOTE ]
Also, the pot size is t90 on every street, which is incorrect.

Scuba Chuck 12-29-2005 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Many reasons. I think that amount is just right considering the circumstances.

SuitedSixes 12-29-2005 03:48 PM

Just wondering, why the t100 raise pf?

12-29-2005 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Flop: (t90)

Turn: (t90)

River: (t90)

[/ QUOTE ]
Those pot sizes aren't right.

jmillerdls 12-29-2005 03:49 PM

Yeah, I raise more than this even without a limper in front of me....?

Scuba Chuck 12-29-2005 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you asking why I don't raise more? Otherwise, I don't know what you're getting at. And if so, what do you recommend and why?

Pasterbator 12-29-2005 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you asking why I don't raise more? Otherwise, I don't know what you're getting at. And if so, what do you recommend and why?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm making this 100 PF too. Making it 120 or so preflop is unnecessary. At the $33s, it will fold around too often. You want action with this hand, so i don't see a problem with it.

SuitedSixes 12-29-2005 04:12 PM

I would have raised more. With a limper and 30BB, I would have made it at least 150. I would have raised more with AK as well. I would have made it 120.

Just wondering what your rationale for (what seems to me like) a low raise.

I really like to thin the field and make one player pay to catch up, not give two or three odds to call/chase.

12-29-2005 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What hand range do you put the villian on after the flop call?

zipppy 12-29-2005 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

scuba...what are your reasons? why do you feel that amount is just right?

&gt;zip

SuitedSixes 12-29-2005 04:25 PM

I like the turn bet (we don't agree on amounts but that isn't the issue). You needed one to see where you stood unless you were planning to fold to a decent-sized bet on the river. I think that the river check probably saved you some chips as you are hoping for AK (which is unlikely with you holding AA). Villain played the hand like a typical KQ KJ hoping to check/raise you on the river.

Scuba Chuck 12-29-2005 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain played the hand like a typical KQ KJ hoping to check/raise you on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoala! That's the question. Will villain risk a c/r on the river vs betting for value?

yvesaint 12-29-2005 05:55 PM

this is a really, really easy turn bet / river check, unless you have specifically noted him as being very loose/passive

Scuba Chuck 12-29-2005 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

&gt;zip

[/ QUOTE ]

How will you react to a turn c/r min raise?
How will you react to a turn c/r allin?

ZeroPointMachine 12-29-2005 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Villain played the hand like a typical KQ KJ hoping to check/raise you on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoala! That's the question. Will villain risk a c/r on the river vs betting for value?

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO he will do that much more often than he will call a river bet with anything you beat.

Don't forget the AT as well. Some players get really greedy when they flop the nuts.

bones 12-29-2005 06:16 PM

I probably check the turn and call or make a modest river bet.

zipppy 12-29-2005 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

&gt;zip

[/ QUOTE ]

How will you react to a turn c/r min raise?
How will you react to a turn c/r allin?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm tired from work. maybe I'll think about this later and your questions will make sense, but I was hoping you'd explain your line.

When you answer a question with a question it's hard to tell if you're repeating what went through your mind, or if you're trying to provoke more thought from other posters. (or both [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]) It's not a bad thing, I'm just too tired to figure out why you asked more questions in this instance. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

&gt;&gt;&gt;zip

12-29-2005 07:20 PM

I'd really bet more on the flop and turn. You'll get usually nice action with that board even with ~pot-sized bet.

And I think aces are the best hand here often enough to bet on river. This was a $33? It's really rare to see someone slowplay a hand that beats you all the way till river, and the villain limped too so it's more unlikely he has you beat on flop. OOP I check too though.

jeffraider 12-29-2005 07:29 PM

I like preflop and flop, I'd bet 250 on the turn but I see why you bet 125 and don't really hate it, and I think the river is great!

I think bones's line is g00t as well, actually, and I've played it like this before as well.

12-29-2005 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd really bet more on the flop and turn. You'll get usually nice action with that board even with ~pot-sized bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do we want action on this board?

[ QUOTE ]

And I think aces are the best hand here often enough to bet on river. This was a $33? It's really rare to see someone slowplay a hand that beats you all the way till river, and the villain limped too so it's more unlikely he has you beat on flop. OOP I check too though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree its rare to see someone slowplay all the way to the river here with a better hand, but if we bet on the river what does he call with that we beat? K10?

12-29-2005 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Do we want action on this board?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well yeah, lots of scary cards to come. But lot's of hands are paying here more than t125 (like any hand with ten in it) and I don't mind getting paid more.

[ QUOTE ]

I agree its rare to see someone slowplay all the way to the river here with a better hand, but if we bet on the river what does he call with that we beat? K10?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's true, not much calls with a hand that we got beat. KT for sure and some other Kx, maybe Qx too. Still I think it's worth a shot to value bet.

Scuba Chuck 12-29-2005 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

That's true, not much calls with a hand that we got beat. KT for sure and some other Kx, maybe Qx too. Still I think it's worth a shot to value bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you do when you're reraised?

Anyway, I would think at this stage, by the weak betting I've made, a better hand would likely have c/r me on the turn. I was thinking I should value bet here, bah.

Nick M 12-29-2005 09:52 PM

This is the most interesting question that's been asked I think.

It's really weird because unless you know this, the turn weak bet will get HERO into trouble sometimes. If you put him on a pair and a draw you bet more, but when you bet small you're assuming villian is strong, so if you get check raised and you're right, you can fold. BUUUUTTTTT by betting small you're portraying weakness, so you could get check raised here and have to fold, which would suck when villian holds K10.

12-29-2005 09:55 PM

I'm calling if I bet with so little left. My hat off to villain if he has me beat, that would be just too weird line for me. Had he raised preflop I'd check the river after him.

Scuba Chuck 12-29-2005 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm calling if I bet with so little left. My hat off to villain if he has me beat, that would be just too weird line for me. Had he raised preflop I'd check the river after him.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, that makes no sense.