Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Squirrel Post- don't miss the Nuts (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=388917)

ononimo 12-01-2005 04:01 AM

Re: Squirrel Post- don\'t miss the Nuts

[ QUOTE ]
I never consider the straight flush w/ three of a suit on board if I have the nut flush. Maybe that's a leak.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Ed Miller would call it a "huge leak".

neuroman 12-01-2005 05:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
learning to read the board right away just comes from lots of repetition. it's not something you read a guide to do.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ding ding ding!

Beenben, I think your comprehensive checklist here will be an enormous help in letting every nervous player acting in the heat of passion determine what the exact "nuts" are before making his bet. Thank you for the excellent post!

KneeCo 12-01-2005 05:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
or that you've never unthinkingly pushed with the ace-high flush without even considering the SF

[/ QUOTE ]

What does it mean if I *recognize* the SF and just don't care enough to *consider* it?

beenben 12-01-2005 06:54 AM

Well, at least somebody liked it.

I think by ExitOnly's analysis, no one should ever read 2+2 or books, because the only way to learn is to play play play.

12-01-2005 08:20 AM

Great post - hopefully it will help me avoid puting my stack in with a 4 card straight (something I've done twice, glub glub).

12-01-2005 09:05 AM

so this was a serious post?

12-01-2005 09:07 AM

I honestly can say that has never happened.

tonypaladino 12-01-2005 09:33 AM

This seems very complicated. On each street I am thinking "What could villian have that I am ahead of" and "what could villian have that I am behind?". If there is nothing possible I am behind to, I have the nuts.

craig r 12-01-2005 09:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This seems very complicated. On each street I am thinking "What could villian have that I am ahead of" and "what could villian have that I am behind?". If there is nothing possible I am behind to, I have the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, I take it one step further. We called it "millenium poker" in houston. You put your opponent on a hand you can beat and raise/call. Worrying about previous action on previous rounds is too complicated.

craig

Sifmole 12-01-2005 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I never consider the straight flush w/ three of a suit on board if I have the nut flush. Maybe that's a leak.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Ed Miller would call it a "huge leak".

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I doubt he would call it a "huge leak" at all; really how often does it happen, how many BB can such a situation cause you to lose in the long run?