Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   from cnfuzzd (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=403786)

Mat Sklansky 12-23-2005 12:05 AM

from cnfuzzd

Hey sir, can i be the mod of the "forum suggestion" forum. It can be a puppet-modship, where i dont really do anything, but i can be in there regularly to respond to people. Plus, i should be a mod. Thanks.

peace

john nickle

It's fine with me. any dissenters?

AngryCola 12-23-2005 12:14 AM

Re: from cnfuzzd

[ QUOTE ]
Hey sir, can i be the mod of the "forum suggestion" forum. It can be a puppet-modship, where i dont really do anything, but i can be in there regularly to respond to people. Plus, i should be a mod. Thanks.

peace

john nickle

It's fine with me. any dissenters?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds fine to me. He has always seemed like a good guy. There's really not anything to moderate in there. But if making him a mod of that forum would inspire him to help people out, I'm all for it.

Another person regularly answering questions in there certainly would be nice.

MrWookie47 12-23-2005 01:06 AM

I'm somewhat torn. He's definitely an asset to the boards, and he can be extremely helpful when he wants to be. OTOH, though, he can often times come across as rather crass or rude in OOT when he wants to be. Eh, I guess it's more important that he be good outside of OOT (which he has consistently been, in my recollection) than inside.

Oh, just a reminder. If we do make him a mod, we should delete this thread.

Dynasty 12-23-2005 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Oh, just a reminder. If we do make him a mod, we should delete this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do we need to do that?

MrWookie47 12-23-2005 01:46 AM

I thought it was decided that we should delete all threads about who to make a mod when we make that person a mod, so they don't see the discussion about them. I don't remember what thread this was in, but it wasn't too old.

AngryCola 12-23-2005 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought it was decided that we should delete all threads about who to make a mod when we make that person a mod, so they don't see the discussion about them. I don't remember what thread this was in, but it wasn't too old.

[/ QUOTE ]

Link

nolanfan34 12-23-2005 02:07 AM

I vote yes, I think he'll behave himself. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

GrunchCan 12-23-2005 02:09 AM

I'll vote yes.

craig r 12-23-2005 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll vote yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dynasty 12-23-2005 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Link

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a scardy cat policy. Let new mods read what we think.

stabn 12-23-2005 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Let new mods read what we think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

Dynasty 12-23-2005 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

We'll be equal partners with new mods. There's no sufficient reason to hide information from them.

jason_t 12-23-2005 02:57 AM

Do it. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] peace John Nickle.

stabn 12-23-2005 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

We'll be equal partners with new mods. There's no sufficient reason to hide information from them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really think it is hiding information. Occasionally someone may choose not to express something here if they know a new mod may be able to read it later. I just don't really see the benefit of leaving the whosouldwemod and whatdowethinkofthem threads around.

P.s. mr nickle always has my vote.

astroglide 12-23-2005 03:08 AM

his drug/prostitute/etc posts certainly have a huge following in oot, so he's popular with mods too. but i think if he's going to be a puppet mod it should be something like bbv, not forum suggestions.

Jim Kuhn 12-23-2005 04:05 AM

I say make him a mod but delete this thread. We should let people express their true feelings here with fear that it will get back to the future mod. I would equate it to telling your best friend the shortcomings of your second best friend! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

xorbie 12-23-2005 04:39 AM

I'm an admin on some other forum and we always move threads about potential new mods away from where the mods can see them whenever we choose to accept them, which I think is a reasonable policy, but at the same time that certainly hasn't happened so far with the NL mod threads we've had.

AngryCola 12-23-2005 05:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
his drug/prostitute/etc posts certainly have a huge following in oot, so he's popular with mods too. but i think if he's going to be a puppet mod it should be something like bbv, not forum suggestions.

[/ QUOTE ]

astroglide might be right about this.

Now that it's been mentioned, BBV makes so much more sense to me. I think it's perfect for a 'puppet mod.' The need for moderation in there is pretty rare. Plus, I believe there's a good chance he requested Suggestions just because it doesn't have a listed mod. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

If he's willing, he should be assigned to BBV instead.

Mat Sklansky 12-23-2005 08:58 AM

I think this particular thread is harmless and should remain. I'm willing to have a double standard. If I was cnfuzzd, I'd like to see this thread. If in the future, a similar thread has negative responses, we can delete it. cnfuzzd will go green in two forums.

durron597 12-23-2005 02:41 PM

whatever happened to

microbob being forum suggestions mod ?

Mat Sklansky 12-23-2005 04:18 PM

Re: whatever happened to

do you know if he's still interested?

MrWookie47 12-23-2005 04:24 PM

Almost certainly. I fired off a PM to him, though.

durron597 12-23-2005 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have no problem with both people being forum suggestions mod; it just rubs me the wrong way to make only cnfuzzd mod of that forum when the reason for bob not getting it way back when is because "the forum doesn't need one".

Mat Sklansky 12-23-2005 05:18 PM

It doesn't need one. I talked to microbob back then and explained that it did not seem like a place where we needed a moderator, but if he really wanted it, he could do it. He agreed that it seemed unnecessary. And it really is unnecessary, in my opinion.

B Dids 12-23-2005 09:28 PM

I'd suggest PJN for BBV, but him and Micro for forum suggestions is fine. I mean, ignoring the forums they mod, I think the best benefit is simply that we get more smart people in here to talk about things.

PJN is a really sharp dude, even if he does engage in more than occasional self destructive behavior.

cnfuzzd 12-24-2005 04:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have no problem with both people being forum suggestions mod; it just rubs me the wrong way to make only cnfuzzd mod of that forum when the reason for bob not getting it way back when is because "the forum doesn't need one".

[/ QUOTE ]

what kind of puppet would microbob make? That guy talks way too much to be a puppets. Puppets show up, say three sentences, and then leave.

peace,

john nickle

astroglide 12-24-2005 04:40 AM

cnfuzzd, make sure to read the responses here in depth. most of the moderators want to hide what they've been saying about you. i think some of the threads have been deleted already!

cnfuzzd 12-24-2005 08:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
cnfuzzd, make sure to read the responses here in depth. most of the moderators want to hide what they've been saying about you. i think some of the threads have been deleted already!

[/ QUOTE ]

no need. I know ive been universally loved since day one...

peace

john nickle

B Dids 12-24-2005 11:25 AM

Lies, I used to think you were a non-stake worthy drug using criminal.

Now I think you're totally stakeworthy.

Jim Kuhn 12-24-2005 12:56 PM

Welcome!!!!

Entity 12-27-2005 12:26 AM

A definite yes for fuzzy.

stabn 12-27-2005 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A definite yes for fuzzy.

[/ QUOTE ]