Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Turn (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=399784)

Roy6 12-16-2005 05:02 PM

Turn

BB is 30/19/3.67 after 300 (mostly mined) hands.
What's your turn action and how do you proceed after being raised? Is it an easy calldown?

CO calls, I raise A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in SB, BB calls

4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet, BB raises, CO folds, I call

A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet, BB raises, ...

12-16-2005 05:19 PM

Re: Turn

call down.. pot gives 4-1? or so to see the river & villian is agressive. Dont expect to win most of the time though...
probably up against a flush

JoshuaD 12-17-2005 04:02 AM

Definitely call down. I C/R the turn though instead of donking it. This guy's betting almost always. The only reason to donkbet here is if you're commiting to a showdown. Since you can fold to a 3-bet, you're better off to C/R.

If I C/R and he 3-bets, I can probably find a fold even against this villian.

kapw7 12-17-2005 08:59 AM

I would 3-bet this with a better read. His stats show he's overagro postflop so he might be raising a lot of hands here like a flush draw or a worst ace. Stat "reads" are not good enough, so calling looks more standard. Still some percentage of 3-betting is OK to reduce semibluffs in the future.

adsman 12-17-2005 09:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Definitely call down. I C/R the turn though instead of donking it. This guy's betting almost always. The only reason to donkbet here is if you're commiting to a showdown. Since you can fold to a 3-bet, you're better off to C/R.

If I C/R and he 3-bets, I can probably find a fold even against this villian.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly.

kapw7 12-17-2005 09:29 AM

Again better reads would help. Checking is too risky. As the pot is small he will more likely take the free card and fold the river UI rather than semibluff esp. with the ace there.

adsman 12-17-2005 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Again better reads would help. Checking is too risky. As the pot is small he will more likely take the free card and fold the river UI rather than semibluff esp. with the ace there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you seen his aggression stat? I also like checkraising some of my good hands on the turn to discourage people taking shots at me when I miss.

kapw7 12-17-2005 09:51 AM

What do you do if he takes a free card on the turn and a diamond falls on the river? check-fold?

adsman 12-17-2005 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you do if he takes a free card on the turn and a diamond falls on the river? check-fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet-fold. Classic clarkmiester.

kapw7 12-17-2005 10:06 AM

Against most 1 diamond hands.
This play loses 0.2BB on the river (assuming he makes a flush 20%).
Betting the turn makes 0.8 BB.