Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   crippling the deck. gimme a line. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=343849)

PokerBob 09-25-2005 02:00 AM

crippling the deck. gimme a line.

Canterbury 15/30. 9 handed.

villain can get a little weird and frisky preflop (open raise QTo UTG +2), but haven't seen him do anything absurd postflop.

He raises UTG, 1 fold, I cold call with 77. SB calls, BB folds.

Flop 3 ways: A77r
UTG bets, I call, SB folds.

Turn: 4
UTG checks, I............

James282 09-25-2005 02:02 AM

Re: crippling the deck. gimme a line.

bet and hope he check-raises. Or check and hope he fills up. Doesn't matter really imo.
-James

PokerBob 09-25-2005 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bet and hope he check-raises. Or check and hope he fills up. Doesn't matter really imo.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

well, this is where i struggled. he clearly loves the ace or hates it. If he has a hand like KK and i check, he will likely bet or call the river. If he has an A and missed a c/r, he will bet the river and likely call a raise or even 3 bet me. Does this make sense? I ask cuz I dunno. meh.

James282 09-25-2005 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

well, this is where i struggled. he clearly loves the ace or hates it. If he has a hand like KK and i check, he will likely bet or call the river. If he has an A and missed a c/r, he will bet the river and likely call a raise or even 3 bet me. Does this make sense? I ask cuz I dunno. meh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like an okay case for checking then. Depends on the opponent, a lot won't bet the KK or whatever on the river but will call if you bet it out from the turn. Just tough to get action with quads.
-James

Drontier 09-25-2005 02:16 AM

Why not raise flop?

andyfox 09-25-2005 02:17 AM

The Andy Fox Quads Rule: Bet the flop, check the turn.

Sometimes I violate the rule. I'll let The Dude elaborate.

PokerBob 09-25-2005 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not raise flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought about that after the fact, as a raise there sure doesn't smell like an ace.

PokerBob 09-25-2005 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The Andy Fox Quads Rule: Bet the flop, check the turn.

Sometimes I violate the rule. I'll let The Dude elaborate.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, but he bet the flop.should i raise?

imashyboi 09-25-2005 11:01 AM

I actually like the raise on the flop. why slowdown when you're pretty sure he might have an A. even if has KK or QQ, i'm sure he'll call down in this spot. i like the raise on the flop cause many players tend to play back on the flop or on the turn. if he makes it 3 bets on the flop then you can easily c/raise the turn or river.

GoodOL 09-25-2005 11:24 AM

Bet the turn to give him the opportunity to make a mistake. The likelihood of him having a hand with which he calls or CRs (an A, an underpair, or AA!!!) is greater than the chance of him folding a hand that would get you much action on the river if you let him see it for free.