Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Putz and Schmoll (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=245942)

andyfox 05-05-2005 12:39 AM

Putz and Schmoll

Not sure if the Mariners play the Dodgers this year, but if they do, it would be worth it to attend just to hope pitchers J.J. Putz and Steve Schmoll are in the game at the same time.l

ThaSaltCracka 05-05-2005 12:43 AM

Re: Putz and Schmoll

I don't get it Andy.

Zeno 05-05-2005 02:01 AM

Andy, I like Bagels and Cream Cheese.

Now that I have your attention: The Diamondbacks are 17-11 and 1/2 game out of first with the Dodgers losing tonight, and the Yankees are 11-17 and quickly becoming even less interesting. But you already knew that. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

-Zeno

EDIT: And who would have thought that the Chicago White Sox would be the first team to 20 wins!

andyfox 05-05-2005 10:35 PM

White Sox look excellent. Minnesota will have their hands full chasing them. Angels should have no problem in their division. I would think the Red Sox will pass by the Orioles in short order.

Diamondbacks might indeed give the Dodgers a run for their money. The Cardinals look like the class of baseball. Atlanta should again win their division, but Florida is playing well and I like the Mets' pitching.

Seeya soon, buddy.

Andy

tbach24 05-05-2005 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
White Sox look excellent. Minnesota will have their hands full chasing them. Angels should have no problem in their division. I would think the Red Sox will pass by the Orioles in short order.

Diamondbacks might indeed give the Dodgers a run for their money. The Cardinals look like the class of baseball. Atlanta should again win their division, but Florida is playing well and I like the Mets' pitching.

Seeya soon, buddy.

Andy

[/ QUOTE ]

Check out Rob Neyer's article on ESPN Insider about CWS. It was very good.

Crveballin 05-06-2005 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure if the Mariners play the Dodgers this year, but if they do, it would be worth it to attend just to hope pitchers J.J. Putz and Steve Schmoll are in the game at the same time.l

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually played against Steve Schmoll in junior highschool. It was in are area GSA league in Gaithersburg MD. He didnt pitch sidearm then though. I think he started that at UMD but not sure.

hutz 05-06-2005 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get it Andy.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's not to get?! Those are two great last names. One of my favorite old school baseball names is Rusty Kuntz. Dynasty (I think) posted a thread several months ago regarding the best names in sports. I may have to go look it up . . . .

Uston 05-06-2005 09:43 AM

Jung Bong and Brandon Puffer are both in AAA right now. Who wouldn't want to see a Bong/Puffer pitching matchup?

grey poupon dude 06-29-2005 06:39 AM

And Putz backs Hutz!!!

jakethebake 06-29-2005 08:22 AM

wrong forum.