Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Thin value bet? 3/6 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=341704)

RunDownHouse 09-21-2005 09:34 PM

Thin value bet? 3/6

Open raiser doesn't have enough hands for mined data to be useful, but so far what I've seen of him puts him squarely in the loose camp, and he hasn't been doing a ton of raising.

Part 3/6, 5 handed.

Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Preflop: 2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets, Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero...

joker122 09-21-2005 09:46 PM

Re: Thin value bet? 3/6

i missed that it was a blind steal situation. it's close i guess but i still check call.

jason_t 09-21-2005 09:47 PM

I've been called by A high so many times in this game in this type of spot with stronger hands that I've started betting the river here with weaker hands and I'm liking the results. So I'd bet.

C-Dog 09-21-2005 09:49 PM

I would check/call. I don't see enough people call down with Ace high to be confident enough to bet it. I do so people bet with much worse that a pair of 4s though.

C-Dog

UncleSalty 09-21-2005 09:53 PM

There is not a single hand you beat that will call a bet here. You risk being raised by a slowplayed hand which would suck, and you cannot fold HU with the pot this size. I say c/c and hope to induce a bluff from a naked A.

Drontier 09-21-2005 09:56 PM

if the opponent is mediocrely reasonable, he would take the free showdown with the A high. This is a bet, because either way a bet is going in unless you let him off the hook with Ax.

UncleSalty 09-21-2005 10:00 PM

Yeah, i can see your point. Bet/fold then?

adamstewart 09-21-2005 10:09 PM

check/call

(Betting this guy off a better A,x isn't going to happen nearly enough to make a bet profitable here - and that's assuming the guy even has A-high, which often he won't).

Adam

RunDownHouse 09-22-2005 09:45 AM

Results

I thought this was really thin, and I'm still not convinced either way.

Villian had AT with a club.

Entity 09-22-2005 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been called by A high so many times in this game in this type of spot with stronger hands that I've started betting the river here with weaker hands and I'm liking the results. So I'd bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beautiful.