Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   John Cole's Idea Of An Over-50 Forum Has Merit (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=329366)

MMMMMM 09-04-2005 04:58 AM

John Cole\'s Idea Of An Over-50 Forum Has Merit

As the Politics Forum descends into ever more juvenile behavior, perpetual posturing, and continual contests of one-upmanship, (courtesy in significant part to some our newer posters, I'm sorry to say), it seems it may be high-time to re-open John's idea of an Over-50 Forum (with a few honorary members, as previously suggested).

Let the kids throw water balloons at each other all day long, since that's obviously what they want to do. The more mature and rational could use a more mellow place to relax and talk.

Cyrus 09-04-2005 05:06 AM

Over 50 what ?

Yards?

Poker chips?

Inches in girth?

I.Q. ?

Toro 09-04-2005 08:04 AM

Re: John Cole\'s Idea Of An Over-50 Forum Has Merit

Who's gonna check id's?

ACPlayer 09-04-2005 08:06 AM

Re: Over 50 what ?

[ QUOTE ]
I.Q. ?

[/ QUOTE ]

That may exclude some of the moderators. Unless self announced I.Q. counts. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

DVaut1 09-04-2005 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As the Politics Forum descends into ever more juvenile behavior, perpetual posturing, and continual contests of one-upmanship, (courtesy in significant part to some our newer posters, I'm sorry to say), it seems it may be high-time to re-open John's idea of an Over-50 Forum (with a few honorary members, as previously suggested).

Let the kids throw water balloons at each other all day long, since that's obviously what they want to do. The more mature and rational could use a more mellow place to relax and talk.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Boo hoo, let's take our marbles and pogs and play elsewhere guys"

I guess the rest of us unmature and unwashed just can't recognize true maturity when it's whining right in our faces...

I can only hope you guys hire a den mother to keep trouble away from you Boy Scouts...

I assume the more rational would love a place to discuss things like "Race issues and the race card are dead...I didn't say racism is dead, just that it doesn't have a leg to stand on...see, I was misquoted, but when pressed on nonsense like 'race issues' are dead, I'll get in a tizzy and find the nearest maturity pedestal to stand on...but rest assured, I DIDN'T SAY WHAT I MORE OR LESS SAID - and ignore the fact I spent a few posts defending what you accused me of saying, I wasn't being sincere, just misguided by you chronic-misquoters"

Should surely be a fun and very rational place.

SheetWise 09-04-2005 10:03 AM

Re: Over 50 what ?

Then we could just submit our Mensa membership #'s and create a 2 Percentile Forum.

Myrtle 09-04-2005 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

........geezez, you just don't get it do you?

"with a few honorary members"??!!!

....and just who is going to pick them?

andyfox 09-04-2005 11:29 AM

I don't think ID checking will be required. After all, whoever's not over 50 probably won't have much interest in AARP, Alzheimers, colonoscopies, the early bird special, or Blood, Sweat and Tears' greatest hits.

jokerthief 09-04-2005 11:41 AM

There are people here over 50?! Amazing!

zipo 09-04-2005 11:43 AM

Didn't Doyle Brunson write somewhere that poker playing skills deteriorate after age 50 or so because advancing years bring decrepitude, lack of concentration, etc.?

In that case, maybe they should get their own forum.