Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Turn checkraise in multiway pot when behind. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=389965)

spydog 12-02-2005 02:37 PM

Turn checkraise in multiway pot when behind.

Button is 32/11/2
UTG is unknown
MP is Nutlaw7 (38/10/1.5)

I'm folding to a turn 3-bet from UTG or MP. If they both fold then I'm calling a turn 3-bet from the Button and folding the river unimproved.

I don't know if this turn play is expert or amateurish.

Cryptologic 3.00/6.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>......

Koss 12-02-2005 02:44 PM

Re: Turn checkraise in multiway pot when behind.

I don't know. You still have to draw out on the button to win, and I'm not sure if this raise folds a better draw than yours. I can't quite wrap my head around what hands you could fold here that you would want to fold. I think your draw is big enough that you want to just call here. Then if UTG or MP wake up with a check/raise you can go from there. I don't like the idea of raising then folding to a 3-bet in this pot, and I really don't want to put in 3-bets on this street either.

bobman0330 12-02-2005 02:58 PM

Thumbs down, I think. The only hand you're folding is the lone Qc, and that not always.

Lurker4 12-02-2005 02:58 PM

I really don't like this, you are nearly always behind button and he will likely just calldown w/his overpair/AT. The only better hand you might get UTG/MP to fold is a better T, but thats kind of worthless since you're still behind button. UTG/MP might also check/3-bet a flush that you're drawing live against, so then you'd be folding a hand w/some outs in a huge pot. I prob check/call turn hoping to improve on river and check/fold river UI.

Spicymoose 12-02-2005 02:59 PM

I don't like the turn check raise. You are almost certainly behind, and I don't see what it accomplishes. Why not just call and hope for overcalls with your really powerful draw?

And no way can you fold to a 3-bet by one of those players. They could easily have a worse made flush than the one you are drawing to. 1 more BB in a 18 BB pot where you might have 7 outs is ridiculous.

Lurker4 12-02-2005 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thumbs down, I think. The only hand you're folding is the lone Qc, and that not always.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't consider being able to buy some club outs w/the checkraise, but I still think that requires too unlikely of a parlay, UTG/MP having a Qc/Kc that will fold, and Button not having a club, and it will only buy you the pot 1/5 of the time.

crazygoose 12-02-2005 04:14 PM

Uggh. just call and think about folding to a check raise from UTG or MP.