Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   MTT's on Full Tilt (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=370204)

Skjonne 11-02-2005 04:26 AM

MTT\'s on Full Tilt

Hi Guys

Full Tilt is offering a 50% up to $300 bonus that can be cleared by playing MTT's. I'm considering playing some MTT's there too. A couple of questions for those of you who play MTT on Full Tilt
[*]How fast does the bonus clear if I only play MTT's (no ring games)[*]How's the blind structure?[*]Are there a decent amount of tournaments available? (I'm a european and mostly play from 2-6PM)[*]How many players are there in say a normal $50 tourney

Thanks a million in advance

TonyS0pran0 11-02-2005 04:49 AM

Re: MTT\'s on Full Tilt

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Guys

Full Tilt is offering a 50% up to $300 bonus that can be cleared by playing MTT's. I'm considering playing some MTT's there too. A couple of questions for those of you who play MTT on Full Tilt
[*]How fast does the bonus clear if I only play MTT's (no ring games)[*]How's the blind structure?[*]Are there a decent amount of tournaments available? (I'm a european and mostly play from 2-6PM)[*]How many players are there in say a normal $50 tourney

Thanks a million in advance

[/ QUOTE ]

- Bonus is very slow. You get 7 points for every dollar in rake. But you only get 6 cents per point. So a $50 + $5 gets you $2.10 back.

- There are a lot of lower limit guarantee tournaments throughout the day. The $24 + $2 guarantees seem to be the most common.

- The $50 tournaments attract very small crowds. I just moved back the states from Germany and I remember playing $50 +$5's at 10 pm there with roughly 50-80 people. Good I suppose since it is very beatable. But if you want big prize pools FT is not the place.

- The blinds are second only to UB. Don't have the exact schedule but they are much better than poker stars or party poker. If you play $100 and up you get 2000 chips as well as compared to 1500.

Skjonne 11-02-2005 05:13 AM

Danke Sehr. Sounds OK, I'll give it a try. Do you know if the bonus (42% entry fee reduction is fine, me thinks) clears in increments or is it 300 or zip? Does it expire?

billyjex 11-02-2005 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Danke Sehr. Sounds OK, I'll give it a try. Do you know if the bonus (42% entry fee reduction is fine, me thinks) clears in increments or is it 300 or zip? Does it expire?

[/ QUOTE ]

It clears in $20 increments. My deposit bonus expires about 6 months from my deposit date, so you have plenty of time to clear.

But yeah, they don't have much to offer in the ways of $50+ buy in MTT's. But the structure is nice and I like 100-200 person fields.

whiskeytown 11-02-2005 03:56 PM

actually, part of the reason I play FT is because I like smaller fields -

I have an easier time making the money and withstanding the swings of luck with 100-300 players - you get into 2K players and I only make one of a hundred final tables - with less players I can make 5 to 10 times as many -

In response, both Party and Pokerstars have started tourneys with limited buyin fields - like 300 and 100 that start after a mega tourney - that way if you want a lower playing field you can have one - not everyone wants to slog thru 2500 players every tourney.

RB

Skjonne 11-02-2005 04:02 PM

Thanks for the answers all

TonyS0pran0 11-02-2005 04:11 PM

What's some of your names on Full Tilt? Mine's "cracknaces"

whiskeytown 11-02-2005 04:16 PM

I'm whiskeytown everywhere -

just got a couple tourneys done - took 97th in both - hilarious.

RB

Sam T. 11-02-2005 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm whiskeytown everywhere -

just got a couple tourneys done - took 97th in both - hilarious.

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

So much for variance. This kinds of consistency is the mark of a solid player. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

P.S.: Anyone have a link to their MTT schedule? I can't find it on their site...

burningyen 11-02-2005 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The blinds are second only to UB.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is incorrect. See the anthology stickied to the top of this forum.