Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   i folded jacks full boat, and my first limit jump. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=329716)

blaze666 09-04-2005 07:21 PM

i folded jacks full boat, and my first limit jump.

so this is my first limit jump, from $10 to $25, and i came away from it with a profit of $0.16, which is a big encouragment.
since the jump wasn't so big, i'll jump to $50 soon.

no reads at all, just arrived. it's a pacific NLHE$25, which is surprisingly as fishy as the $10.

pacific Poker No-Limit Hold'em, 10 handed

Preflop: Hero is SB with J,J. SB posts a blind of $0.12.
5 calls, CO raises to $1, 1 fold, Hero calls $1, 2 folds, 2 calls

IM THIKING THAT HIS RIASE WILL PROBABLY WHITTLE DOWN THE FEILD A BIT, BUT IT TURNS OUT I WAS WRONG. I WOULD HAVE LIKE ONE/NO CALLERS.

Flop: ($4.75) 2, J, K (4 players)
checked around to CO, CO bets $0.25, everyone calls

NOW IM THIKING THAT HE'LL PROBABLY MAKE ANOTHER BET, SO I JUST CALL IT.

Turn: ($5.70) 2 (4 players)
checked around to CO, CO bets $2 hero calls, everyone else folds.

River: ($9.50) K (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $7, Hero ???

NOW THIS SCREAMS KINGS FULL OF DEUCES. THE FLOP BET WAS

ALMOST CERTAINLY A VALUE BET, SO IM NOT THINKING DEUCES

(BUT IT'S CERTAINLY A PROBABILITY).

AND THE HUGE BET ON THE RIVER REALLY GIVES IT AWAY. A BLUFF

IS UNLIKELY, BECAUSE OF THE VALUE BET.

WHAT DO YOU THINK I SHOULD DO HERE? CALL FOLD OR RAISE?

deadmoney98 09-04-2005 07:27 PM

Re: i folded jacks full boat, and my first limit jump.

What you should have done was not play so incredibly passively. You flopped a set and turned a boat, what do you need to have to bet??? Quads??? Act like you enjoy money.

As for how you played it, a fold is probably correct, but somehow I see a crying call just cause your opponent could easily have QQ, AA, AJ, QT, AQ (in no particular order).

theben 09-04-2005 07:30 PM

i hate your usage of caps. i almost decided not to respond. you certainly need to call the river. the decision is between calling and raising, not calling and folding.

you also played the flop and turn very poorly

emil3000 09-04-2005 07:31 PM

omg how can you possibly not have doubled up here, it's crazy tell me you didn't fold please.

09-04-2005 07:34 PM

You think the minimum bet on the flop is a value bet? If it is he will call your flop raise and you can push more in on the turn.

blaze666 09-04-2005 07:40 PM

actually, i used caps because it's clearer to see which was my thinking and the hand than lower case.

please, tell me how i SHOULD have played the flop then.

pokerjoker 09-04-2005 07:41 PM

u played this like a fish.
Raise flop
Raise turn
he would be allin by the river so no decision is necessary.

i dont mean to offend, just mean to be honest

blaze666 09-04-2005 07:41 PM

i was thinking that a raise would have scared him off, especaially since he DID actually bet on the next street.

wtfsvi 09-04-2005 07:50 PM

Yes he did, but his turn and flop bets added together are still smaller than a single real flop bet. Bet the flop yourself, get some money in the pot. (And I'm not talking about $1 or whatever. If you scare him off you scare him off. Make it $4.) If he raises you, you can call and check raise the turn all-in. If he just calls, lead the turn again for $10 or so.

As played I don't think folding the river is so bad if this is a passive guy. His river bet is not "huge" by the way; his other two bets are really small.

09-04-2005 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i was thinking that a raise would have scared him off, especaially since he DID actually bet on the next street.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he does have a K your gonna get paid off. Waiting for him to bet the turn does nothing but let him bluff if he has no king. Now you have a semi tuff situation on the end that could have been solved much earlier in the hand.