Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Psychology (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Yesterday great, today horrible (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=331983)

skitzo444 09-07-2005 09:30 PM

Yesterday great, today horrible

Yesterday was a great day of poker for me. I get 8 or so full houses in 30 minutes many of them on the flop, with anything. Today My QQ loses to KK. My Kings full of queesn full house loses to a river royal flush. I get QQ again and lose to A10. Then I go to lower limits and my AA loses to JJ and every other hand I get completely missed the flop. I completely wiped out my profits from the day before. Any advice?

dan123 09-07-2005 09:49 PM

Re: Yesterday great, today horrible

8 boats in 30 minutes? You were bound to take a tumble. I think the greatest attribute a poker player can have is stoicism. Just suck it up. The better you are the more you get drawn out on.

skitzo444 09-07-2005 10:04 PM

It gets better. I keep playing to try to get out of the rut. I fold 66 after a rereraise would of flop trips for a 15BB pot. Then I get jj and fold on the turn only to river a J!~

Sniper 09-07-2005 10:43 PM

Stop looking at your daily results.

Its a marathon, not a sprint. Examine your win rate in poker tracker in the aggregate. Make sure that your properly bankrolled for the level you are playing.

skitzo444 09-07-2005 10:45 PM

Went into a 1-1NL table and my AA loses to a river straight!

I don't have software like that because I use macintosh. I know but I just can't help but think about today and yesterday. If you have a bad bad day. When do you stop and what makes you want to play tomorrow?

skitzo444 09-07-2005 11:36 PM

A few mor to had for tonight.

KK lose to trip 9's on the river.
Few hands later KK loses to straight on the river with a K!

chesspain 09-08-2005 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A few mor to had for tonight.

KK lose to trip 9's on the river.
Few hands later KK loses to straight on the river with a K!

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone who has played more than twenty hours of poker has had hands like these. So please don't post alleged bad beat hands which are nothing more than just normal turns of the card.

skitzo444 09-08-2005 12:26 AM

I feel better now. That was just venting. I was using the form as a release for my frustration. Thank you for understanding.

jjacky 09-08-2005 07:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel better now. That was just venting. I was using the form as a release for my frustration. Thank you for understanding.

[/ QUOTE ]

nothing to thank for. we don't.

jskills 09-08-2005 10:45 AM

Welcome to poker. Get used to the swings and don't let them change how you play.