Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Anniversary Gift (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=346131)

Los Feliz Slim 09-28-2005 12:18 PM

Re: Anniversary Gift

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i'll get something small that i can give her at dinner.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you are gonna SIIHP?

<font color="white"> Sorry, couldn't resist. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

OtisTheMarsupial 09-28-2005 01:08 PM

You're getting a bunch of the SOS responses. Sure, these are nice gifts, but if you're going to the trouble to think about this ahead of time and do something extra nice, why don't you give her something really sentimental?

Like, write her a love letter.
Or give her jewelry engraved with a love poem/ quote/ anniversary date.
I like the scrapbook idea, but not if you pay someone else to do it, you have to do it yourself.

Of course, it's nice to pair this with a dinner, concert tickets, couples' massage... all those normal gifts. But Make it more romantic and special. It's a BIG day.

bobman0330 09-28-2005 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm lost. I've never made one year before. Suggestions welcome, anything that isn't the norm of flowers, chocolate etc. SIIHP isn't funny, so don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Step 1: Music box. Tschaikovsky's Waltz of the Flowers.
Step 2: ...I'll let others elaborate.

09-28-2005 01:12 PM

Paris. Or some small gift you have made by yourself.. girls like those things like bracelet with some pearls.

Lawrence Ng 09-28-2005 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm lost. I've never made one year before. Suggestions welcome, anything that isn't the norm of flowers, chocolate etc. SIIHP isn't funny, so don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should just spend good quality time with her that day and rekindle on how awesome your first year has been with her. A simple dinner and perhaps some social dancing afterwards is all I recommend.

Lawrence

jakethebake 09-28-2005 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should just spend good quality time with her that day and rekindle on how awesome your first year has been with her. A simple dinner and perhaps some social dancing afterwards is all I recommend.

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]

What a disappointment. I was sure Lawrence was going to recommend getting her a hooker.

Richie Rich 09-28-2005 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Girlfriend of one year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, if you need to ask the OOT crowd for anniversary gift ideas, with full knowledge that she reads your posts, then you aren't the brightest crayon in the box. But you already knew that.

Richie Rich 09-28-2005 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You'll need to find a gay guy to do this for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

He shouldn't have a problem doing it himself.

bravos1 09-28-2005 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PS jay, appearently paper is the first gift for anniverseries, so have someone make a scrap book of all your pictures togeither, that way you have the sentimental, and the expensive part covered.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, that's what that means.. I thought it meant that I could just slip her a c-note and call it a day?

TStoneMBD 09-28-2005 09:56 PM

take this with a grain of salt as i have no long term relationship experience, but it might be a good idea to start the day off by giving her a nice gift like a beautiful bracelet/necklace or something. if youre going to take her out to all these beautiful places she might get the idea that youre going to give her a ring and giving her a bracelet/necklace pretty much tells her thats not happening today.