Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   10/25 live game...deep stacked (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=391274)

ObnxNole 12-04-2005 06:29 PM

10/25 live game...deep stacked

Hi all...I played in a 10/25 live game this weekend and thought I'd share some interesting hands.

Effective stack sizes are around 3-5k.

Hand #1

Villain is an older man...super nice guy and mowing the table over at this point. He has around 20k in front of him and has absolutely no fear of putting a bunch of chips in the pot with a strong hand or nothing at all.

Hero has 10K at the start of the hand is dealt 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the button. Folded around to villain in late position who raises to $125. Cutoff calls as do I.

Flop:7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villain checks as does the cutoff. Hero bets $300. Villain calls, cutoff folds.

Turn:Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villain fires $600. Whatever the river is, I know villain is betting at least 1-2k based on his betting patterns from earlier hands.

Do I see a river. What's your line here?

Hand #2

UTG straddles for $50. Two limpers call as do I with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the button.

Small blind(2K) makes it $300 straight. Rest of the table folds. There is about $200 of dead money in the pot plus the raisers $300 raise...which makes $500.

Do I have odds to call for a set?

AZK 12-04-2005 06:33 PM

Re: 10/25 live game...deep stacked

Hand 1) I probably raise turn
Hand 2) Should be posted in ssnl.

lapoker17 12-04-2005 06:36 PM

Hand 1, check behind on flop.

Hand 2, I would often put in a big raise w 77 OTB and limpers in a straddled pot. As played, you need to tell us if you're getting all of his money if a 7 flops. Also, could he be doing this w 55 or AJ? Lots of laggros would.

mikech 12-04-2005 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1) I probably raise turn

[/ QUOTE ]
i don't think that's a great idea against the villain described: "Villain ... has absolutely no fear of putting a bunch of chips in the pot with a strong hand or nothing at all." do it against a tight player who won't call without at least a 7, this guy sounds like he's not folding AQ.

call, river one of your 11 outs, get another 3k from him.

ObnxNole 12-04-2005 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 2, I would often put in a big raise w 77 OTB and limpers in a straddled pot. As played, you need to tell us if you're getting all of his money if a 7 flops. Also, could he be doing this w 55 or AJ? Lots of laggros would.

[/ QUOTE ]
Their is a chance that 77 is good here bc he will rasie big OOP with AQ AK type hands. If a 7 flops and he has an over pair I get it all.

BobboFitos 12-04-2005 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

AZK 12-04-2005 07:27 PM

Hate the check behind in hand 1. Unless you are doing this to raise any turn bet on a bluff.

lapoker17 12-04-2005 07:35 PM

When super laggros raise PF and then check a flop like that, i no like.

Is that the flop you guys were looking for w 45? You like our hand a lot right now? You want to play a biggish pot on that flop? I don't, and we're not taking it down here.

BobboFitos 12-04-2005 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Neither do I, but...

[ QUOTE ]

Is that the flop you guys were looking for w 45?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont look for flops, I look for situations. Here, you have a pair on a paired low board where the pfr has checked OOP. The pot has ~15bbs in there, I want it. If Laggro raises 7x and checked it, good for him, he gets to win a flop bet. By checking, we're surrendering our rite to the pot, as well as giving cards where we have no idea what can hurt us.

[ QUOTE ]

You like our hand a lot right now?

[/ QUOTE ]
I like our situation, sure. It's a profitable bet.

[ QUOTE ]

You want to play a biggish pot on that flop? I don't, and we're not taking it down here.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is where we disagree, I guess. First, when you bet the flop, if called, you're building the pot. But it doesnt mean you're going to showdown. Second, I *do* think we're taking it down enough to warrant betting.

mikech 12-04-2005 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
good point. when a guy who's been "mowing over the table" suddenly checks after raising pf, something's rotten in the state of denmark. it's why raising him on the turn is a bad idea too.