Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Greatest Western of All Time - Elite Eight (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=379629)

swede123 11-16-2005 01:00 PM

Greatest Western of All Time - Elite Eight

Well, say what you will about the monkeys who rate movies at IMDB, they got this one right. Seven out of the eight left are one or two seeds. Only Josey Wales (a six seed) managed to hang in there so far.

I predict Unforgiven crushing High Noon, Once Upon a Time in the West barely beating Josey Wales, and after this round there won't be anymore John Wayne movies left standing.

Let's see our matchups!

TheBlueMonster 11-16-2005 01:03 PM

Re: Greatest Western of All Time - Elite Eight

welll, let's hope that The Searchers makes it to the next round. Substance over fluff.

Peter666 11-16-2005 01:08 PM

It's a shame that "Red River" and "The Wild Bunch" did not make it to this round. I like Clint Eastwood, but his movies are being singnificantly overrated by you guys. They have a definite cool factor, but are aesthetically inferior to the others.

SL__72 11-16-2005 01:33 PM

I can't believe The Searchers is losing here [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I think I voted for 4 "losers" here though.

trotski 11-16-2005 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe The Searchers is losing here [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I think I voted for 4 "losers" here though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, this is a travesty.

diebitter 11-16-2005 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, some of us know the searchers should be top 2 at least, so let's just live with it... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

imported_The Vibesman 11-16-2005 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like I'll be 2 for 4 here, which is the best percentage I've put up in any of these polls. Such a bummer about The Searchers.

John Ford represent, dammit!

samjjones 11-16-2005 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like I'll be 2 for 4 here, which is the best percentage I've put up in any of these polls. Such a bummer about The Searchers.

[/ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I think "How Green Was My Valley" would win for best Welsh mining picture...

imported_The Vibesman 11-16-2005 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I think "How Green Was My Valley" would win for best Welsh mining picture...

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Blarg 11-16-2005 03:56 PM

Anything older almost automatically doesn't get picked in OOT and that makes polls like this a little tilted, but I guess they can show us what people think about the movies of their childhood or ones they saw more recently.

I'm glad at least one of my favorites is doing very well.