Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   KK in LP, everyone is playing (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=375893)

brettbrettr 11-10-2005 05:55 PM

KK in LP, everyone is playing

10/20 live game, good game. You've got some not good table coaches instructung the slightly better but trickier players how to play. Some tight passsives, some loose players, and yours truly.

I have 2 black kings in LMP. 3 players limp, I raise, blinds call.

Flop 663, rainbow. (12 sbs)

Checked to me, I bet, both blinds call utg folds, utg +1 calls.

Turn 8: (8bbs)

UTG +1 bets. Plan?

Utg+1 is a one of these chart players who tends to suck postflop. He knows which hands are playable, but doesn't consider the situation. EG, he'd open limp in LMP with 98s because it is "a limping hand." That sort of [censored].

The blinds are typical. They don't fold pairs, they're loose, they suck, etc.

toss 11-10-2005 05:59 PM

Re: KK in LP, everyone is playing

I'd raise and hope he doesn't 3-bet. The pots big and I want to do my best to knock out players.

brettbrettr 11-10-2005 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd raise and hope he doesn't 3-bet. The pots big and I want to do my best to knock out players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh, the ole raise and hope.

toss 11-10-2005 06:04 PM

Yeah I know. But you can fold if villain 3-bets right? Or is he a big enough donkey to 3-bet 8s?

brettbrettr 11-10-2005 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I know. But you can fold if villain 3-bets right? Or is he a big enough donkey to 3-bet 8s?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, he's not three betting here with anything that I beat.

In retrospect, this was a [censored] post. Sorry board, I'm a donkey.

jason_t 11-10-2005 06:12 PM

Raise and fold to a 3-bet.

Kurn, son of Mogh 11-10-2005 06:12 PM

Raise. You're more likely against 55,77,99 as opposed to 88 or something with a 6. Looks like he's testing you to see if the flop was a continuation bet with AK. If the blinds fold and he 3-bets, I'd call him down and call the river.

Kurn, son of Mogh 11-10-2005 06:16 PM

Yeah, he's not three betting here with anything that I beat.

If you're certain that's true, then you can fold to a 3-bet. I know a lot of players who'd 3-bet with 99 for just that reason.

The Goober 11-10-2005 06:31 PM

Hmm... I'm probably wrong, but I like just calling to keep the blinds in. Unless they are bad enough to call the flop with something like 9T (meaning they just picked up a gutshot) what hands could they have that can profitably call a bet here?Single As don't have the right odds, and we want them to call with "overcards". Are you thinking that they would call 2 cold with medium PPs?

callmedonnie 11-10-2005 07:39 PM

raise.