Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   AKs in the BB, homogeneous flop, sizeable pot. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=285684)

nepenthe 07-03-2005 10:49 PM

AKs in the BB, homogeneous flop, sizeable pot.

Party 3/6 full. I've been getting some big hands several times in a row at this table and took down smallish to small-medium pots each time, mostly uncontested. MP remarked just prior to this hand that I was "on fire."

I have A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the BB and exercise my option to raise after several limpers. Total of 6 players including me to the flop for 2 bets each.

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I bet out. EP, MP folds to LMP who raises. Read on him is fairly straightforward, of medium passivity. CO cold-calls. Read on him is loose preflop, somewhat erratic postflop but not overly aggressive. Folded to me. What's my plan for the rest of the hand?

Moneyline 07-03-2005 10:53 PM

Re: AKs in the BB, homogeneous flop, sizeable pot.

I'd call the flop raise, and check/call every subsequent street provided that A) a 4th spade didn't fall and B) it's only 1 bet back to me.

shant 07-03-2005 10:53 PM

Call. If a non-spade hits the turn, bet again. If you are raised again on the turn, call (or fold, it's read dependent). If a spade hits the river, bet/fold if it is heads-up, or check/fold if it is still 3 players.

KDawgCometh 07-03-2005 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Call. If a non-spade hits the turn, bet again. If you are raised again on the turn, call (or fold, it's read dependent). If a spade hits the river, bet/fold if it is heads-up, or check/fold if it is still 3 players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hybrid_11 07-04-2005 01:39 AM

No one likes a 3 bet here, I kind of like to play aggresive here as long as there is not a 4th spade on the board unless co wakes up on any street im not ready to give up control of the hand.

eric5148 07-04-2005 01:48 AM

I hate a flop call. 3bet it, the opponents are all getting odds to go to the river with any spade, so get your value in now.

TRWIII 07-04-2005 03:54 AM

I hate these situations, but Ill tell you how I usually play them.

I 3-bet the flop, seriously consider crying when he caps it.

Then a non spade hits on the turn, I check-call.

Then the king of spades comes on the end, I check and hit the fold button hard enough to decrease the life expectancy of my mouse [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img].

That aside [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img], I think a three bet is good here, as he likely wont cap it. I lead a non-spade turn and a non-spade river as long as he doesnt raise the turn. If he raises the turn, I yell something loud and inappropriate and likely fold.

Cheers

TRWIII

shant 07-04-2005 05:27 AM

You're not giving up control of the hand. You are protecting yourself from the free-card play. If he caps the flop you are most assuredly checking the turn, and I think checking the turn here in any situation is horrible. If you 3-bet, and a spade turns, what is your plan now?

I think it's much better to get a bet from each of them on the turn when your equity has gone up.

Chris Daddy Cool 07-04-2005 06:24 AM

i'd play the flop fast and 3-bet and slow down if i get capped.

wheelz 07-04-2005 06:26 AM

Stop n go my friend.