Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   why no paypal? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=407248)

12-29-2005 05:33 PM

why no paypal?

it seems everyone uses Neteller and no one uses Paypal.

Since I already have a Paypal account, I was wondering if there was a reason I shouldn't use it?

OrcaDK 12-29-2005 05:35 PM

Re: why no paypal?

No poker site accepts Paypal (actually it's the other way around). I'd say that's a pretty good reason why people aren't using Paypal.

cardcounter0 12-29-2005 05:36 PM

because when ebay bought paypal they proclaimed online gambling *evil* They will close your account and confiscate your funds if you use it to fund gambling accounts. Plus now none of the poker sites accept it as a means of making a deposit.

12-29-2005 05:50 PM

Hmm... Well, I guess that settles that.

Here's a question - If I don't want Neteller to deposit money in a bank account, will they mail me a check? Will the poker sites mail me a check directly?

OrcaDK 12-29-2005 05:56 PM

Just get the Neteller Debit card, no need for banks anymore.

playersare 12-29-2005 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's a question - If I don't want Neteller to deposit money in a bank account, will they mail me a check? Will the poker sites mail me a check directly?

[/ QUOTE ]
in a majority of cases, yes they will. you should check the terms and conditions of where you want to play first, however.

Recliner 12-29-2005 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The fees they charge for it are sick. $2 to get money from an ATM and $5 if you don't use it every 30 days. That's a deal killer for me.

12-29-2005 08:36 PM

Paypal used to be an option for Party, Paradise and several other sites like 4 years ago. However, eBay bought Paypal and didn't want and possibly illegal transactions being conducted under their company so they banned it.

Slider

Pokeraddict 12-29-2005 08:41 PM

Didnt the NY Attorney General fine them a fortune, something close to all their profits ever made off of online gambling? NY law is the reason Paypal is not a part of gambling.

OrcaDK 12-29-2005 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The fees they charge for it are sick. $2 to get money from an ATM and $5 if you don't use it every 30 days. That's a deal killer for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, imho, if that's your opinion, you should probably work more on your game than on your cashout method. Neteller provides the best site-site transferrals on the market - for free. Don't use the ATM card unless withdrawing $1k at a time. If you're withdrawing less than that, you shouldn't withdraw with Neteller, or at all. And it's $2 per inactive month - but only if you have money left on the debit card, and why would you have that if you just make sure to only deposit whatever you're gonna withdraw from the ATM.